Fabia Front wheel Bearings DIY

I have a Fabia 2002 1.9sdi. My front Drivers side bearing is making lots of noise. I have now bought a replacement part with the intention of replacing it myself.

Is there a recommended way to remove and replace the bearing?

What special tools should I have?

Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

This usually requires access to a hydralic press to remove the old shell and fit the new bearing to the hub.

It's a 5 spanners job to be honest. Never done a Furby but alining the bearing to be pressed in to the space is often fraught with peril and may be worth spending the extra 50-100 notes on getting it done IMO especially if you don't have the press.

Found a mechanic mate with a hydralic press. Job done in 1hour 20 minutes. I could never have done it at home. No ABS on my Fabia so no issues with sensors. My advice would be to not start this job at home without access to a hydralic press and good tool kit.

Thanks again for help.

Dealers dont use a press' date=' we have a special puller tool which inserts the bearing correctly without damaging the ABS rotor in the bearing itself.

[img']http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/Techie_1976/Helpfull%20Stuff/Piccie-0039.jpg[/img]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bet thats worth more than a press!

• 1 month later...

hi, just wondering if anyone can help, im looking for the socket to get the front hub nut off of my vrs, my mate owns a garage with all the stuff to do the job , except this special tool to get the hub nut off. so any idea where i can get a hold off one. cheers

• 11 years later...
  • 1 month later...