Electric windows not working.

Gt4thomas

Both front left and front electric windows stopped working the other day.

Both fuses are good.

Theres 9v at the fuses with acc on.

Driver's side and passenger side switches do nothing, no relay clicking sound. Voltage at the fuse does not change when a switch is pressed.

Is there another control module to test?. Seems a odd both window motors would go at the same time.

Any advice is appreciated.

7 hours ago, Gt4thomas said:

Seems a odd both window motors would go at the same time.

The drivers window motor contains the electronics that control both sides.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/12/2020 at 11:33, Wino said:

Charge your battery and try again. Should be 12+V

Also check fuse 11 (5 Amp).

? fuse 11 ?.....thought this was for side mirrors....is there a circuit connection with windows?

On later cars it seems to do more than just the mirror.  It's an ignition 12V feed to the window regulator module, that may do stuff with the mirrors but may do more.  This thread was about an early mk2, but I think it's well worth checking on later mk1 too: Skoda fabia 2008 drivers door wiring loom advice - Skoda Fabia Mk II - BRISKODA

On 21/12/2020 at 18:48, TMB said:

The drivers window motor contains the electronics that control both sides.

circuit diagram I have shows independent control units for each......(both control units connect to ECU with extra switch at driver side for passenger side window)

I am currently having intermittent problems and disconnected battery for 10 minutes...now only passenger side working....trying out various other suggested fixes today. Will update if any joy. 2005 vrs, 70000 mls   

11 minutes ago, Wino said:

On later cars it seems to do more than just the mirror.  It's an ignition 12V feed to the window regulator module, that may do stuff with the mirrors but may do more.  This thread was about an early mk2, but I think it's well worth checking on later mk1 too: Skoda fabia 2008 drivers door wiring loom advice - Skoda Fabia Mk II - BRISKODA

mirrors working ok....head scratching!

• 3 weeks later...

Replaced drivers side motor unit, window worked for about 1 minute then stopped. 

Im pretty sure water getting into to drivers side door sill. Both rubber door seals on the drivers side are wet. I think water is getting into the channel where the wires really run inside the sill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Battery at 12.6v (engine off).

Battery at 14.4v (engine on)

Battery at 14.2v (engine on with a/c, lights, heater ect)

Windows will work if the battery has been disconnected for a few hours prior.

Next step is comfort module. Anyone know if these can just be swapped in an out?, Or are they coded to the ecu/ign/immobiliser ?.