Plastic film on the side mirrors

FireBIade

Only had the Karoq a few days but tonight when I was driving home in the dark whilst it was raining I could hardly see out of side mirrors due to rain drops kind of sticking everywhere. The mirrors themselves look like they have a sheet of peelable plastic on them. I'm assuming this should have been peeled off before hand over or should it remain on?

On 21/12/2020 at 17:56, FireBIade said:

Only had the Karoq a few days but tonight when I was driving home in the dark whilst it was raining I could hardly see out of side mirrors due to rain drops kind of sticking everywhere. The mirrors themselves look like they have a sheet of peelable plastic on them. I'm assuming this should have been peeled off before hand over or should it remain on?

Mine had the same. I haven't tried to remove as it doesn't affect vision and will protect the glass somewhat.

So it turns out its not a peel-able film just a dark line that runs around the outer edge of the mirror which must be to do with anti glare as has been mentioned. I will get a chance to clean the car soon, it's probably covered in some silica from the factory as the water beading is very small beads hence poor visibility from the window and the mirror.

Thanks Steven.

Edited by FireBIade

On 21/12/2020 at 20:56, FireBIade said:

Do you mean this? This is dimming feature of the mirror. I took the pic right after driving out from a dark garage. After a while it turns to a normal colour

mirror.jpg

Edited by irfant