Amunsden DAB Icons

I have loaded an SD card with the icons dowloaded from the Skoda Update Portal.

The icons display correctly when viewing the small list, but some stations do not display the large logo when changing the view settings.

Below you can see Virgin Radio is displaying the correct icon, but not when I change the display to the large icon.

Any thoughts please.

IMG_7137.jpeg

IMG_7136.jpeg

Do other stations show the large icon?

The reason for asking is (IIRC & on a S3 Columbus) I thought that only showed if listening to EU DAB stations which had a slightly different version of DAB (DAB+) available.

I will check the car later just to confirm though.

Okay. The icons from Skoda are rubbish.

Make a note of this link - you can find all of the radio station indents here at https://www.radiodns.uk/logos 

You need the 128x128 pixel variants.

The problem is that VW group didn't have permission to use numerous radio station idents after 2015/2016 (the radio owning groups wanted a lot of money), so VW Group can only ship old idents to their cars.

Download the idents from the link above; all radio stations are covered - BBC and Independent groups. They are free for personal use.

Edited by varaderoguy

Thanks for that, have now downloaded the 128x128 variants and they do display the large icons now, but I have to say the quality is pretty poor. I can only think that they required resolution is probably 256x256 or even greater. Another quick search turned this site up https://media.info/radio/how-to/radio-station-logos-for-your-volkswagen-or-skoda-radio, the icons there appear to be 300x156, but have to be downloaded separately and renamed.

Might look to batch edit the 128x128 files to see if I can resize them.

Edited by FrankNicklin
  • Like 1

On 30/12/2020 at 14:16, varaderoguy said:

Okay. The icons from Skoda are rubbish.

Make a note of this link - you can find all of the radio station indents here at https://www.radiodns.uk/logos 

You need the 128x128 pixel variants.

The problem is that VW group didn't have permission to use numerous radio station idents after 2015/2016 (the radio owning groups wanted a lot of money), so VW Group can only ship old idents to their cars.

Download the idents from the link above; all radio stations are covered - BBC and Independent groups. They are free for personal use.

I used this link and downloaded my 3rd file for radio logos.

Loaded my USB stick and plugged in.

All looked ok as I refreshed a handful of radio channels that refused to display on the Big Screen.

Hey ho - the big logo showed up.

But - when I switched off then switched on again, all my efforts had been in vain.

The logos just won’t stay put. I’ll not try again.

Obviously not mission critical, but disappointing in the 21st century.

19 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

But - when I switched off then switched on again, all my efforts had been in vain.

The logos just won’t stay put. I’ll not try again.

Obviously not mission critical, but disappointing in the 21st century.

Annoyingly enough - you will need to have the 2nd SD card in there permanent to allow you have the icons there working.  You cannot put them on, then eject the SD card.  So - for those who use the 2nd card slot for music too, I recommend having a folder called ICONS and another called MUSIC.  You just need to update the icons file every year or so.