Heater flap motor

Hi everyone, I have a 2014 Superb Elegance with Climatronic, diagnosed by Indy with inoperative driver side flap motor, warm air on passenger side but cold on drivers side, have done the flap reset to no avail.

Has anyone changed one please? Can someone point me to a diagram/schematic so I can see exactly where it is please?

If I change it will it need VCDS to set it up?

Hello, 

You should watch this vidéo : 

I'm pretty sure your issue is the same as the one mentionned in the video :) just need to replace the sensor ;) 

Yes, Ive seen that, but thanks for looking

I had the car in at the local Audi Indy the other week for another matter, they checked and said its the potentiometer for the flap motor.

Ive just had the Columbus unit out to see if anything is visible but cant see anything. The Indy did say the dash has to come out, Im guessing seats, centre console then centre dash.

The thermistor is not quite as accessible as the Golf or I would take it out and test it.

Unfortunately I dont have VCDS

Heater thermistor.jpg

Heater thermistor 1.jpg

This might be a bit mangled as ELSA gets confused  between left and right hand drive, but see if this helps:

(The potentiometer is built into the flap motor, it's a servo).

I'm guessing you mean the face-vent outlet, not the foot outlet?  I"m guessing the below is correct as it talks about knee air bag and I think only the driver side has it.

You wouldn't need to take the dash, centre console or seats out.  Go in from underneath the dash.  

I've not done the drivers side but I've had the pass side out a few times and it wasn't that hard.

image.png.1ab4d8a0279d5fd3760796b0ec322e73.png

image.png.93609612ad2ebcf73bc6984f80c5fa62.png

image.png.0034fc267fdcb769ccc5bf18aea3ea90.png

Here is the subsection for "remove right footwell vent":

image.png.8c5827676b9bb9d34c6e212c8a9ff829.png

Here is 'remove knee airbag":

image.png.434afec318ce10e2c9851675eb5b3705.png

image.png.0181b2db65e31990a0cbd77d5713e77c.png

image.png.8ffec1a0116ea99a472ce977b134afe8.png

You do the flap reset thingo.

What that does is drives the flap all the way until it stalls.  The HVAC controller makes a note of the position of the potentiometer attached to the motor for that end.  Then it drives it all the other way until it stalls, makes a note.  Then after that it more or less knows where it is relative to the ends.