oil service message - cheapest service option?

Hi, even though I could change the oil myself I'm guessing this is not going to be an option for the usual warranty, lease contract conditions etc.

Therefore, for an oil change service what costs am I looking at roughly please an old thread mentions about £179... Does it have to be a Skoda dealer or can I use a non Skoda authorised dealer if that were to exist? I'd only choose the latter if the costs were sufficiently cheaper.

The lease is due in June which would total a 2 year period. The car has done about 9k miles and is an L&K 2.0 diesel. 

Cheers.

gotakodiaq

So what does the Lease Contract Conditions say?   

Have you checked prices near to where you are?

If it is just an Oil & Filter Service required @ a VAT Registered Garage using OEM parts then great.

Is the car on Variable / Flexible servicing so just needs a Service @ 18,000 to 20,000 miles / 24 months?

Strange it is a low mileage and 2 years old in June and asking for a Service now, or does it say Oil Service due in 400 miles.

?

Was the car maybe PDI'd in January 2019 so on Variable Servicing from then, 

or has it had some servicing already?

£179 was a price that was on 3-10 year old cars on Fixed Service Intervals. so @ 9,400 miles / 372 days or sooner.

The Major Service was more like £289.

Some might do that, or do it for less.  There is a new Fixed Price Menu at Participating Dealers. 

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 15.31.49.png

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 15.31.26.png

Edited by e-Roottoot

Hi, thanks for the reply. Found this in the T&C's - so guessing this will be a Skoda dealer? 

9.4 You agree to: 9.4.1 make sure that the Vehicle is serviced and maintained strictly in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations and that scheduled servicing and necessary maintenance is carried out only by authorised SKODA dealers

Rang a local Skoda. £185.98. inc vat. Obviously no point in doing anything other than the bare minimum. 

No servicing has been done to date as it was new. Haven't a clue on the PDI's, I just got the car in June and was told that the cars are set to a 'long service' mode... the mileage is actually just gone 8k. 

I guess I have no choice but to go with it.  

IMG-0784.JPG

I would recon that there was some messing up when the Service Indicator was reset at the PDI.

Very strange that 'Oil Service' message never appeared after a year if the car was on Fixed Servicing.

The car maybe is 'Simply Clever' and decided with such low miles and near its 2nd birthday the oil could do with changing.

?

Does the car also show if you check that an 'Inspection Service' is due in June?   so in 5 months time.

If you could get away with just an Oil & Filter Service and look see and report and a Free Brake Inspection before the car is returned then fine.

I guess being 'simply clever' would make sense with the way techs developing.

I hope that will be it to be honest. Don't wanna pay anything more than necessary, I do recall the chap saying that it'll only need one service before handing it back when discussing the lease, 

Is there a way to check the 'inspection service' detail? 

So prices have been increased no doubt under the excuse of Brexit. How on earth can Skoda justify £105 for spark plugs, even worse if you need three. Customers will rebel on these prices and turn to independents. I ditched my dealer and got a better deal with my local independent who fits genuine VAG parts. Just noticed the air and pollen filter prices - joke.

Edited by edbostan

Surely spark plugs would be the lot, not a per plug price?

Trouble is they've got you by the horns - if you want to stay within the warranty?

That's why I asked if I could take it to a non Skoda garage for the oil change. Any mechanic could do that. Maybe its the material 'premium' oil costs...