Problems with Android Auto Wireless

ayrshiredude

Hi

Been having issues with the Wireless Android Auto and wondering if anyone can offer help.

Every time I get into the car and turn on Wifi And Bluetooth the phone connects and when I put it into AA it connects and loads up ok however when I go to Spotify it won't play.  If I go into Spotify menu it just shows "offline favourites".  I need to reboot both the phone and the Entertainment system then it connects and plays.  If I then get out the car and switch the engine off, when I come back on again its the same thing again.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10 with the latest firmware.

Any ideas?

thanks

Haven't a clue. My gut feeling is something to do with any option which allows you to "resume from where you last left off" - autorestart or autoplay or something.

If I were having this issue, first thing I'd want to know is where does the problem originate - is it the infotainment, is it the phone or is it the wireless functionality. So...

1: does the problem exist if you connect to Android Auto using cable to USB?

2: Is it only Spotify that has this issue?  Download Amazon Music or something else - does the same thing happen with another application?

3: Do you have the latest version of Spotify and Android Auto on your phone? As you're using Android Auto Wireless, I presume your phone is running Android 10?

I'm also a great believer in going back to first principals if I have a problem where I'm stumped. Get rid of any ref to SKODA connections on your phone, set infotainment back to factory settings and connect as if it it's the first time your phone has accessed the headunit. Even with soft resets, there's a whole load of garbage held in memory - always best to clear this out. If nothing else, it'll eliminate this as a possiblility.

Edited by Guest

When I look at the phone it shows the WiFi symbol but no 4g so it's like it's connecting to WiFi but getting no 4g so can't play anything if I try turning off WiFi it comes back on again.  Normally if you turn on WiFi on a phone it disables 4g so not sure how it's meant to do both at the same time.  Google maps works ok, will try it with another all to see if it's that or just Spotify.

1 hour ago, nz_kamiq said:

You will need Android 11 for it to work correctly - i have a oneplus 6 on Android 10 and AA doesn't work correctly

That's incorrect.

All Samsung ( and Google Pixel ) smartphones running Android10 are capable of connecting wirelessly to AA. My Samsung A51 running Android 10 works without issue.  There were a few Samsung models that could also connect via Android 9.

Your oneplus 6 is not capable of connecting wirelessly under Android10,  it'll need Android 11 before it'll work. Any smartphone phone running  Android 11 is supposed to work. ( I don't have an non-Samsung phone to confirm. In fact apart from Google, I don't know of any other phone manufacturer who has officially released Android 11 for their products ).

Edited by Guest

I tried it again last night and, although maps seemed ok nothing else worked so I guess its not Spotify in particular.   I reset all the settings for the wifi on the car, I had "connect to wifi hotspot" selected, not sure if that made a difference.  Uninstalled and reinstalled AA.  so will see how that goes.

On 17/01/2021 at 13:37, ayrshiredude said:

I tried it again last night and, although maps seemed ok nothing else worked so I guess its not Spotify in particular.   I reset all the settings for the wifi on the car, I had "connect to wifi hotspot" selected, not sure if that made a difference.  Uninstalled and reinstalled AA.  so will see how that goes.

you dont use the cars wifi you use your phones wifi/4g. if you use you cars wifi it turns off your phone conection

Edited by skoda1982

I think the problem is your phone is expecting wifi to provide internet, but you actually you still want to use the 4G. I accidentally found this solution on the Scala forum, you can tell the phone to keep active the 4G connection even when connected to wifi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Android Auto wireless is compatible only with software version 0270 and hardware H22. These specifications are available on model built after week 48/2020.

2A81BA4A-5139-48ED-943C-26410C9BBCFA.thumb.jpeg.7e32da03ff6b9b86966e4f147ea91ea0.jpeg

Here are the minimum requirement regarding wireless Android Auto https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en#zippy=%2Candroid-auto-on-your-car-display-wireless

On 21/04/2021 at 02:28, gotomtom said:

Android Auto wireless is compatible only with software version 0270 and hardware H22. These specifications are available on model built after week 48/2020.

Where did you find this information?

Samsung S10e with Andorid 10 was working without issues on the Bolero unit (HW 040, SW 0464) until I got the Android 11 update. Since then it does not work. The model was built before week 48/2020.

5 minutes ago, ajrimmer said:

Where did you find this information?

Samsung S10e with Andorid 10 was working without issues on the Bolero unit (HW 040, SW 0464) until I got the Android 11 update. Since then it does not work. The model was built before week 48/2020.

This information is about Amundsen unit. It comes from Skoda Switzerland. 

I was trying to connect my smartphone (Oppo Reno 4Z 5G, Android 11) with wireless connection for Android Auto. It has never worked. I asked for help on Skoda France Facebook page. On this page, I met a kind guy who was able to connect his smartphone on his Scala (Amundsen) with wireless connection for Android Auto. He shared his device specification (HW H22 and SW 0270).

As a result, I asked for more details to Skoda Switzerland. Then, I got the answer that my Amundsen unit (HW H12, SW 0156) is not compatible with Android Auto and can’t receive SW 0270. Skoda Switzerland also wrote in the reply that only Scala built after week 48/2020 have wireless Android Auto.

So I guess that the requirement only concerns Amundsen unit. I didn’t know that Bolero has another software version. It’s really the mess with software version. Shame on Skoda not to update every units and have the same software version for every units. :D