Rear end impact damage

Dale_Stevens

4 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

There have been numerous examples in the past of insurance companies doing exactly that.

Yes that is the same set up as my el cheapo towbar, the crashbeam fitted snugly to the bumper although there was not the foam infill as at the front, there is a big gap on the towbar.

My real concern is that the crashbar contains a concertina section like the front one that is the primary crumple zone and would absorb a very significant impact before the chassis rails & boot floor crumpled as they are designed to, without it my rigid towbar & probably yours as well will transfer the impact straight to the chassis rails.

Knowing that the OP had a towbar & no crashbar & being too well acquainted with the lower panel (its been on and off too many times trimming the cut out & bolt clearance holes) that I was very confident that there would be no hidden damage behind the bumper to the vehicle structure.

Edited by J.R.

6 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

Adults are best making their own choices, and if it come back to kick them in the rear end then they just have to deal with it...

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 14.06.28.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 14.07.33.jpg

Do you have a source for that fairy tale?

Odds on its an insurance company.

There is however a risk if you did a similar love kiss to the car in front especially if they braked for no reason, no damage to yours & seemingly not to the 3rd party, he says forget about it mate, you cant see anything for all the other dents in my banger.

Then he files a report with his insurers for whiplash injuries, damages to the vehicle that may have been reversed into something subsequently and a Police report that the driver of vehicle reg A123 XYZ did not stop, this is a modus operundi of some of the cash for crash scammers.

• Haha 1