Heater Resistor Change - Mark III

Good Evening, I hope you are all well. 
im a long time lurker here, haven’t posted here in a while.

Recently my Fabia’s heating has stopped working on anything other than full speed. I have read around the issue and apparently it’s quite a common problem and it is caused by a blown resistor pack.

Anyway, as there is no easy way of getting a workshop manual, does anyone know how to replace this on a Mark III? 

Many Thanks

Shaun

Sorry I don't have an answer, but wanted to add a question. Does anyone know if this is covered under the used car warranty? The heater stopped working on everything apart from level 4 about a week after I bought the car but I've got 2 years used warranty on it so would rather get a professional to fix this than attempt to do it myself (and most likely botch it)  

It's really not that hard to get workshop/repair manuals via erWin, but I would've thought someone on here must have done the job on a mk3.  

Looks to be in an identical position to previous Fabia models, just on the topside of the air ducting between fan and pollen filter.  air conditioning - Fabia(FAB) [EUROPA 2016 year] (7zap.com) (item 4 shown vertically above the hole it goes in).  Note, LHD version in diagram, mirror everything for RHD.

Shift whatever trim you have to to get to the cabin fan, and it should be accessible.

Don't forget to check/renew your pollen filter as blockage of this can help the resistor to fail.

8 minutes ago, fretwanger said:

Yeah, this is not a wear and tear item. This would 100% be covered on a warranty.

Great news! I've got a service coming up in 700 miles, do you think they would fix it at the same time as the service if I bring it up when I take the car in? 

52 minutes ago, DDJ26 said:

Great news! I've got a service coming up in 700 miles, do you think they would fix it at the same time as the service if I bring it up when I take the car in? 

Best to bring it up when you book the car in so they have chance to order the part ready for the job. Don't just roll up and expect them to have one on the shelf. 

They're relatively easy to replace and live on top of the heater box.