Citygo Water In Rear Foot Well -Is There a Water Drain Plug?

GardenEquipment

My wife recently discovered that there was water in the rear foot well of her Skoda Citygo. Fortunately, the car was due a service today so the blocked drain areas have all been cleared. However, the carpet is saturated in the rear foot well. The garage offered to remove the carpets and dry the necessary areas and replace the foam underneath the carpets for a cost of around £500. To me this seems a lot of money for a relatively new car with just 26,000 miles on the clock.

I have been told that there is a drain plug in the rear foot well by a friend that can be removed? Is this correct please and how do I remove the drain plug to release the excess water? Apparently it's only a small drain plug, but it does allow the water to totally drain out. He actually suggested leaving the drain plug out so that if the problem ever arises again the water is free to drain away.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Roy

£500 does sound like a lot of money to honest. If it were my car, I would lift the carpet up, remove the foam from the car, and then dry it indoors. Removing/lifting the carpet will be straight forward. Then use a dehumidifier left running overnight to dry out the carpets after having first removed as much dampness as possible with towels. 

HTH :)

Edited by Westbury63
  • Like 2

The source of the water getting in needs resolved before any replacing of parts like underlay and carpets are done.   If you need a drain plug out to drain water then do that, but it is a car and not a boat in dry dock needing  a drain plugs removed.     I am on a phone so can not see how new the car might be.   Matters not other than if under warranty or not.

Edited by e-Roottoot

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - did the garage tell you which area was blocked, as previously mentioned it is important that the leak is resolved. I have had a similar problem with my wife’s Citigo - I have managed to remove most of the water and next job is to lift carpet and remove insulation. Best of luck.