New Kodiaq lease - options to add..

Hi all,

I coming to the end of my current lease (Mk3 Superb 2.0Tsi 220bhp Sportline) and although it's been fantastic over the last 3 years and 33k, I'm thinking that we really need a 7 seater to cope with the growing family - 3 kids - 3, 9 & 12... Looking at lease options and the SE L seems to be the best of the bunch.. I know I will miss things from the sportline, but the kodiaq in this model is just too dear.. The SE L comes pretty well specced with 1/2 leather seats with heated fronts, F&R parking sensors, electric boot (all of options which I added on my current MK3 superb).. I have been playing with the configurator and have based it on a 2.0 TDi 150BHP SE L - black with the following options - Adaptive cruise, silver roof rails (I think they go well with the front grill and window surrounds).. I will be fitting a towbar and can get this done locally for £450 as I did on my superb.. So I can't see the benefit of paying nearly £1k through skoda.. Anything else I should add?  I know previously adding traffic light recognition allowed some enabling of other items with VCDS, but I belive that the MY20 cars are a lot more locked down.. Also I can only add TSR as part of a pack.. 

Edited by technics100

When I bought mine the SEL was the pick of the bunch with the best spec for price. Been looking lately and the Sportline seems the sweet spot at the moment, for not much more than a SEL you get Columbus instead of Amundsen, no extra costs for metallic paint, electric drivers seat, led interior light pack, and alloy pedals.

• Like 1

I’m biased, but the SEL is the pick of the bunch.

It has a lot of gear as standard. Extras are whatever turn you on.  We’re all different. Sunroof or Suspension???

The Sportline is all Fur Coat and No Knickers.  Form over Function all the way.

And who needs an Off-road Kit in 2021?

You ain’t gonna go any faster or look more attractive.

Edited by BoxerBoy
  • Like 1

Coming from the Superb sportline I would love a Kodiaq in the same trim, but the leasing costs are literally £100 more per month for the sportline, something I cannot justify.. I have columbus in the superb at the minute, so i'm sure i'll miss it.. along with chrome pedals perforated steering wheel and all the other "trick" sportline items.. 

I suspect you will pay lot more than £450 for a tow bar on a MY21 car with it’s locked down electrical system.  

I would double check the quote is not for a MY20, or for one fitted with tow bar preparation 

Just out of interest, have you tried for a 6 month or 1 year extension on your current lease, because of Covid, there are many extensions at good rates (but they are unadvertised, so you need to ask your lease provider).  They don’t really want cars returned whilst dealerships are closed as difficult to sell on at decent price.

Edited by SurreyJohn

13 hours ago, technics100 said:

Coming from the Superb sportline I would love a Kodiaq in the same trim, but the leasing costs are literally £100 more per month for the sportline, something I cannot justify.. I have columbus in the superb at the minute, so i'm sure i'll miss it.. along with chrome pedals perforated steering wheel and all the other "trick" sportline items.. 

Have you seen this ?

We went for the SEL and cannot complain. the only option I added was the heated steering wheel and is worth every penny!

ive gone for a Sportline lease too

2 options I initially ordered were:

Spare tyre

USB C charge port by the rear view

I was later told that if i wanted the USB C charge port by the rear view id have to add £30 per month more extras on which was not worth it, so declined and just getting Standard Sportline plus spare tyre

As its a lease, i don't often add extras, i just try to go for a spec that has decent toys for the cost.

2 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

£30/mo sounds rather nominal to me, what extras were they?

I cant actually remember the exact details,  i think some kind of lane assist, and front camera system as it all comes in  a pack? None of which were appealing to me. i just wanted a dashcam port but will just route the cable to fuse box like i have been doing on previous cars, would of been nice though.

£30 pm extra over a 3 year lease. USB C charge port alone worked out at £2 per month.

Edited by biggy7

On 30/01/2021 at 14:53, Scot5 said:

Have you seen this ?

That's a cracking deal there.. I'm in NI, but normally my local dealer will match most deals.. with them being shut at the minute it's hard to get quotes..

22 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

£30/mo sounds rather nominal to me, what extras were they?

£30 per month is over £400 per year

Adding £400 per year is rather more than nominal 

• Like 2