Flat battery and engine warning light

Karoq_espania

Hi all I wonder if someone can help. I have a two year old Karoq which I am more than impressed by. However I have managed to flaten  the battery. I removed it and charged it up , but after re fitting it I had every warning light available on the dashboard on! They are all but one off now , the engine warning light ( yellow engine block ) is the one still on I am sure it is because I took off the battery. Does anybody know if I can reset this  or is it a trip to Skoda? 

I've had this before on my Golf, it persisted for a few days. 

I'm not sure if it was the passage of time else the half dozen or so start-ups / runs that fixed it, but either way, it went off.

You might want to consider buying a CTEK charger / battery conditioner. It allows you to recharge the battery without removing it from the car. There’s even an accessory which allows you to charge the battery through the cigarette lighter 12V socket. The cigarette lighter 12V socket solution only works with cars where the socket remains active when the car is locked, but that is indeed how the Karoq works (it doesn’t work on my BMW). I bought mine during lockdown, and I’m very happy with it. I know that there are cheaper options out there, but everybody speaks highly of the CTEK products. Some of the car manufacturers (eg. BMW) re-badge them as original manufacturer accessories. The one which I bought is the MXS 5.0 and it cost me £72.  The cigarette lighter socket adapter was an extra £15.

I read somewhere that another advantage of this CTEK product and its cigatette lighter socket accessory for the Karoq specifically, is that the bonnet release mechanism on the Karoq is on the passenger side and the handle is hidden by the door itself. So if your battery is completely flat, I understand that you can use the emergency key to open the driver’s door but then you can’t open the passenger door to get to the bonnet release mechanism, so you can’t charge the battery without bending the bonnet release handle. With the CTEK cigarette lighter adapter solution, once you’re in the car you can hook it up to the cigarette lighter socket and start to recharge your battery without even having to open the bonnet at all.

• 2 years later...