Can reset service interval but not "Inspection Due"? Octy 13

Hi wise ones,

I have a 16 plate Octy 2.0 l Diesel DSG.

The maxidot reports 'inspection due in 20 days', its due for an MOT at the end of the month and cambelt replacement.  Whilst I'm able to reset the service info I cannot reset the inspection notification.

I've tried the ol' hold reset, turn on ignition etc and that resets service but no option to reset the inspection date, I've also tried the Seat method of ignition on, scroll to range and press the selection thumbwheel and held it down for up to 20seconds but nowt, Is it something that my garage will reset at the cambelt chang?

Driving me maxi'DOTTY' now!

Thanks in advance wise ones,

Mark

Sounds like you are on Fixed Servicing schedule....that canny be reset unless you do it with a VCDS or ODBEleven....or preferably the dealer!

You are allowed 1000 miles over, but you will just have to put up with shouty car "SERVICE NOW!" in your Maxidot display until servicing day.

• Like 1

On my early 2017 2.0L diesel when you do the hold and reset method you keep holding the reset button in and it then changes from " service " to " inspection " giving the option to reset it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigade1 said:

On my early 2017 2.0L diesel when you do the hold and reset method you keep holding the reset button in and it then changes from " service " to " inspection " giving the option to reset it.

Thanks bigade1, I've tried that many times and after 'service' it goes to 'time' annoyingly

Edited by StriderDog
  • Like 1