Which Amundsen is this?

Teza

Hi everyone

New to the forum and was hoping that someone if possible could identify which unit this is? I'm after an SD card for it but obviously need to accurately identify it first. Skoda Yeti Black Edition 03/2015 car.

Any help would be really appreciated, many thanks.

IMG_20210207_160257850.jpg

Welcome!

That could be either an Amundsen (RNS-310) or Amundsen+ (RNS-315) which look identical but take different maps.

It might help if you turn it on and grab a picture from the system information/versions page showing it's part number to confirm which :)

edit:

If it can display maps without an SD or CD inserted, it's a RNS-315 ;)

Edited by langers2k
extra info

Yup.

The RNS-310 style doesn't have any internal storage for maps so it always needs a map CD or SD fitted to show maps.

The RNS-315 style does have in internal storage for maps so it's very likely this is what you have :)

Edited by langers2k

Brilliant. Many thanks.

So if I get a new SD card once it's downloaded is it then best to remove the card? Is the card a one hit job and then it's finished?

Ta muchly.

That model changed to the Amundsen II in November 2014 so your car must be built prior to that.
Mine was built 12 January 2015 and has the later Amundsen II.

2 minutes ago, Urrell said:

That model changed to the Amundsen II in November 2014 so your car must be built prior to that.

Hi 

Many thanks. My car was Registered 03/2015, how do you find out the actual build date? Thanks.

It's all a bit confusing, you'd think within all the gumph I got with the car it would clearly identify what model it was.

The car is brilliant, well happy! But this has turned out to be a right little annoying so and so(character building I think they call it)

I've ordered an SD card for the 315 model so we'll see how it goes, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

46 minutes ago, Urrell said:

It's "F" on the Vin number.

So that's 2015???

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, langers2k said:

F is a MY15 which is typically August 2014 to July 2015 build dates.

I guess it could have been one of the very last pre-MIB2 style headunit cars :)

Cheers?:thumbup:

I have the RNS315 in my March 2014.

Down load  the maps on to your unit the card is programmed to become paired and locked to your device, so nobody else can use or copy it. Once downloaded remove and keep the SDcard safe so if anything bad happens you can download it again. Then you can insert an other SDcard with your music on.

1 hour ago, RickT said:

I have the RNS315 in my March 2014.

Down load  the maps on to your unit the card is programmed to become paired and locked to your device, so nobody else can use or copy it. Once downloaded remove and keep the SDcard safe so if anything bad happens you can download it again. Then you can insert an other SDcard with your music on.

Brilliant

Many thanks.