Bluetooth issues

Hoggyf

I'm having issues with playing music through Bluetooth in my car and need advice.
The Bluetooth connects no bother and works fine for phone calls, but struggles to connect for music, most of the time when you switch to media, then transfer to Bluetooth it shows the track name etc that should play (from Spotify) on the car screen but I get no sound and the steering wheel buttons won't change track. I've disconnected and deleted the car from my phons Bluetooth a few times and only twice managed to get it to play, today being one of them, I had deleted it from my phone then added it back on and it worked fine, track name on screen, sound and can change track on the steering wheel, then on re-starting the car I'm back to square one - no music.
The phone works fine on Bluetooth in my transit van every time, is a Samsung S10 aprox 2 yrs old and the car stereo is an Amundsen.

I have the chance of a RNS510 stereo, is it worth putting this in? is it plug and play and will all the other items, park sensors set up etc work with this?
Anyone any advice?

In which case there isn't much you can do. If you change to an RNS-510 style Columbus, you'll also need a external BT module and wiring loom so it'll get expensive :sadsmile:

A better option would be a MIB PQ STD2 style Amundsen, you'll need an adaptor loom (52 pin to 40 pin quadlock), component protection removing and features activating. If you add an appropriate USB lead, you can also get Android Auto/CarPlay. They aren't super cheap but as probably the best OE headunit for the Yeti.

@pab567 is a good chap to chat with about the MIB style versions.

You're not wrong about the cost - £600 seems to be the going rate, I think I'll get used to plugging my phone in for that!! lol do you think its worth replacing the head unit like for like or is there an update that can be done? GF had the same exact same issue in her Citreon DS3 and luckily it was under warranty and Citroen have just plugged it in and done some kind of update that solved it

2 minutes ago, pab567 said:

Let me know model number and software version of your infotainment unit.

sorry, you replied just as i uploaded the pic above, not sure how I get the software version? I think my unit is a 315?

This is either Amundsen (RNS510) or Amundsen+ (RNS315). As you mentioned that there is no BT module under the seat then this must be Amundsen+ (RNS315). Unfortunately I have no firmware for it.

If you are going to use this car for next couple of year I fully agree with @langers2k regarding MIB STD2 PQ.

What's involved in swapping to the MIB STD2 PQ? is it plug and play or does it need coding to the car? Will all the underlying features the control the car work the same on that unit compared to the original?

Also is the RNS315 prone to bluetooth issues as it would be easier to replace with the same unit I guess but I'd hate to buy another head unit with the same fault

5 minutes ago, pab567 said:

This is either Amundsen (RNS510) or Amundsen+ (RNS315). As you mentioned that there is no BT module under the seat then this must be Amundsen+ (RNS315). Unfortunately I have no firmware for it.

If you are going to use this car for next couple of year I fully agree with @langers2k regarding MIB STD2 PQ.

1 hour ago, pab567 said:

P&P although additional QuadLock adapter (from old 40-pin to new 52-pin) and new USB is required.

Climatronic visualization doesn't work in MIB STD2 PQ.

thanks for that, I'll give it some thought