New Kamiq owner

AJ89

Hi All,

New to the forum.

Me and my partner have ordered a new Kamiq. We have bought a 1.0 95 SE in black magic. We had toyed over the 110 but our current car a Ibiza Connect 90 has done us fine and we like the 5 speed box.

A few questions, apologies if some have been asked here already.

All the interior lights are halogen, has anyone tried changing them to LED, what bulbs are they and what's the difficulty to replace?

Is it possible to change the front halogen indicator bulb? I've read in places this is sealed and cannot be replaced.

I would like to have a set of winter wheels. I cannot see steel wheels available on the UK Skoda parts website but they are on the Czech website, has anyone seen Steel wheels available for the Kamiq?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Heat said:

is this a genuine enquiry?   lots of questions in one post

Why don't you try answering one instead of writing a pointless post

32 minutes ago, Nemutai said:

Hi AJ, 

New order placed last week.  Estimate of May delivery.  Have you got an estimated build week or delivery date?

cheers

Hey Nemutai,

Nice what colour spec did you go for?

My estimated delivery date is June/July.

A little longer than the initial 10 weeks I was given.

1 minute ago, Nemutai said:

1.0 SE DSG in Race Blue. Added the front parking sensors as my Mrs will be mainly driving it :biggrin:

Race Blue is my favourite colour but my Mrs wanted black. Haha good thinking! Wish I had thought of that

Steel wheels and winter tyres are available in the uk. I got my dealer to supply a set when I bought my Kamiq last year. Can’t remember what I paid, but I got a deal as I was buying the car at the same time...

• Like 1

On 03/03/2021 at 16:28, Heat said:

is this a genuine enquiry?   lots of questions in one post

To  AJ89    sorry mate that was was a very negative post.  Please accept my apologies.  

• Like 1

I changed the internal Halogen bulbs for LEDs it takes standard W5W bulbs.  Takes a few mins you just have to prise out the light unit with a trim removal tool or screw driver then replace the bulbs.  I had a look at the Front Indicator bulbs and can't see how to get into them.  There is a metal plate which sits directly over and behind the bulb holder on the passenger side and the same on the other side though also has the added issue that the Bonnet support arm is attached to the drivers side one.  I couldn't get into the hex screws as needs a right angle screwdriver but with a very short shaft.  Kinda gave up on it.    I called my dealer and they said it was quite a major job and required the whole front of the car to be removed.  Seems kinda OTT to change an indicator bulb.  Hoping the don't blow out while I have the car.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ayrshiredude said:

I changed the internal Halogen bulbs for LEDs it takes standard W5W bulbs.  Takes a few mins you just have to prise out the light unit with a trim removal tool or screw driver then replace the bulbs.  I had a look at the Front Indicator bulbs and can't see how to get into them.  There is a metal plate which sits directly over and behind the bulb holder on the passenger side and the same on the other side though also has the added issue that the Bonnet support arm is attached to the drivers side one.  I couldn't get into the hex screws as needs a right angle screwdriver but with a very short shaft.  Kinda gave up on it.    I called my dealer and they said it was quite a major job and required the whole front of the car to be removed.  Seems kinda OTT to change an indicator bulb.  Hoping the don't blow out while I have the car.

Hope this helps

Thank you that's great!

I've heard about the front indicator bulbs it's like they've completely sealed the unit very bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 11:13, cvennall said:

Steel wheels and winter tyres are available in the uk. I got my dealer to supply a set when I bought my Kamiq last year. Can’t remember what I paid, but I got a deal as I was buying the car at the same time...

Darlington Skoda quoted me £344 for 4 16" Steel wheels. I already have winter tyres, posting this for anyone else looking to buy some.