Tinted windows

Just a question had my windows tinted on the        passenger doors at the rear            are you very light tint 75% of light does go through it   ,rear tailgate has not been tinted front doors have not been tinted it is basically one shade up from the factory tint just to keep the grandchildren in the summer from getting too hot and for security but my question guys is I presume I've got to tell the insurance company will my premium go up by a lot do you think I've been with the same insurance company for 15 years

I had all the windows tinted from the B Pillar back on my MkII just before my insurance renewal.

After shopping around for quotes online I contacted the chosen insurer to discuss my modification and my premium actually went down slightly.

Could have been due to the modification or, more likely, the price fluctuated between the day I got an online quote and the day I called. Either way any changes to your insurance would be minimal (going of my experience at least).

• Like 1

Had mine tinted from B pillar back and the rear window, didn't cost anything extra. Also advised them I had the DTUK Pedal Box installed, this was on a chat box on their website, after a little delay they came back and said it was classified as an 'interior modification' and again no extra charge. I thought this was a bit odd so I printed out the chat in case at some future date the insurer tried to dismiss a claim because of it, I had written proof they were advised and it was accepted along with the tinted windows.

Your choice entirely but I would certainly do some insurance comparisons, I shaved over £500 off our house cover in one go and certainly a lot more than that on our car insurances over the years. They are not loyal to you so why be loyal to them, your cost most likely goes up a bit every year, over 15 years that could be lot. I pay under £300 a year for my octy comprehensive cover from a 5* defacto insurer with high repute. We are pensioners, wife and I to drive, cars not garaged, no points, and no claims for so long I forget. Worth a few minutes time and could save you £££'s

(Martin Lewis and MSE are my gods!) Was a company buyer and my wife reckons haggling is in my DNA..... :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ajw1100 said:

Had mine tinted from B pillar back and the rear window, didn't cost anything extra. Also advised them I had the DTUK Pedal Box installed, this was on a chat box on their website, after a little delay they came back and said it was classified as an 'interior modification' and again no extra charge. I thought this was a bit odd so I printed out the chat in case at some future date the insurer tried to dismiss a claim because of it, I had written proof they were advised and it was accepted along with the tinted windows.

Your choice entirely but I would certainly do some insurance comparisons, I shaved over £500 off our house cover in one go and certainly a lot more than that on our car insurances over the years. They are not loyal to you so why be loyal to them, your cost most likely goes up a bit every year, over 15 years that could be lot. I pay under £300 a year for my octy comprehensive cover from a 5* defacto insurer with high repute. We are pensioners, wife and I to drive, cars not garaged, no points, and no claims for so long I forget. Worth a few minutes time and could save you £££'s

(Martin Lewis and MSE are my gods!) Was a company buyer and my wife reckons haggling is in my DNA..... :biggrin:

Thanks good buddy more than helpful