Delivery time 2021?

conspicuous

1 hour ago, conspicuous said:

I was curious if in this period of the year it s gonna take 3 months or less. Or more. 

I am based in the UK - I ordered my car in September 2020, it was built in early January 2021 and I collected it at the very end of January.

In the UK it depends to some extent on whether you want a 'standard' specification model or not. My last three new cars were two Yetis and my current Kamiq. My first Yeti was in the showroom and I took delivery of it the day after I ordered it. My second and third cars were built and in transit and took a week to 10 days from ordering to delivery. It wouldn't suit anyone wanting to specify extras I know but I was happy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dave1337 said:

Ordered Scala here in Croatia and dealer said up to 120 days until delivery

Also here in Croatia. 

We ordered our Scala on March 15th. Apparently it is being built now and may get here in about three/four weeks time (depending if all is well with the chip situation).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here in Down Under, I placed an order in late June for  a Scala Ambition in Racing Blue with TP and DAP and was quoted delivery in December. Luckily another deal had a demo model in stock (with about 500km on it) so I had it within a week.

We ordered our Scala 5th of June and we have been told that the car will come end of October but after two weeks the dealer called us and said in the end of July we will have it. Our dealer said usually it takes up to 3 months but they saying its gonna take more just to be on the safe side to not be able to complain and claim later if you get it later than 3 months.

OK, so our SE L was ordered from the UK dealer on 17/04/2021. We were told 13 weeks. Build appears to have been w/c 14/06/2021 i.e. week 9. Shipping was week 10; arrival in UK week 13 (which was when Skoda UK, rather than the dealer, told us the car had left the factory). The dealer is hoping to get the car this week (week 14).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My Scala custom SEL build took 15 weeks in total. I collected it last week. It didn't come with the tailgate design pack which I ordered so they need to order me a new model which is now estimated at a 16 week delivery so I assume this is about average for the scala at the moment.

This will be the dealer’s mistake. I an sure the factory will never do a mistake. If they do they would not deliver the car. Of course the dealer will always saying ”It is factory mistake, not ours” 

1 hour ago, Wiegott said:

This will be the dealer’s mistake. I an sure the factory will never do a mistake. If they do they would not deliver the car. Of course the dealer will always saying ”It is factory mistake, not ours” 

1 hour ago, conspicuous said:

Damn. I thought they did t do mistakes like this in the factory. Din t they have a list and check it off. 

It was the factory's. The dealer showed me the order that was sent and the factory simply missed it off. The service I've received has been great so I can't complain. It's just a shame as it was part of the car that I love. In a couple of months it'll hopefully be installed though

On 31/07/2021 at 07:35, Paulwal said:

Hello. My Scala custom SEL build took 15 weeks in total. I collected it last week. It didn't come with the tailgate design pack which I ordered so they need to order me a new model which is now estimated at a 16 week delivery so I assume this is about average for the scala at the moment.

Did you have any other extras fitted to confuse the issue, or was it just the tailgate design pack?

What is the dealer planning on doing with the incorrect vehicle, as I need an SEL urgently ?

39 minutes ago, GeoffAllen66 said:

Did you have any other extras fitted to confuse the issue, or was it just the tailgate design pack?

What is the dealer planning on doing with the incorrect vehicle, as I need an SEL urgently ?

I had a few but other than the LED Lights they were all internal so it shouldn't have been a reason for confusion. They've given me the Scala with the incorrect tailgate, ordered a new one and once in stock they'll simply swap the boot over

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

When you ordered were you provided with a detailed breakdown of the features that would come on your new car ?

The reason I ask is that I am about to order an SEL with a number of add-ons  and the dealer is ignoring all my requests to provide this at point of order.

He is basically saying that I will receive a MY2022 Scala but cannot provide me with a document that states that it comes with a spare wheel, virtual cockpit etc

48 minutes ago, GeoffAllen66 said:

Thanks for the reply.

When you ordered were you provided with a detailed breakdown of the features that would come on your new car ?

The reason I ask is that I am about to order an SEL with a number of add-ons  and the dealer is ignoring all my requests to provide this at point of order.

He is basically saying that I will receive a MY2022 Scala but cannot provide me with a document that states that it comes with a spare wheel, virtual cockpit etc

Hi. No, I didn't receive anything like this.

The only thing I received from them was a list of the order, however, this was a digital file that was sent approx 4 weeks before I collected the car. Me and my wife found it strange that after placing our deposit, we didn't come away with any kind of confirmation of the order. We just put it down to COVID but thinking about it, it was a little odd.

I know how you feel, you want confirmation of everything you're ordering so I would just ask them again or ask maybe ask why can't they provide this to make them provide you with an actual reason.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

I’ve asked them a couple of times and have got nowhere.  I see it as a totally reasonable request. However, the dealership rep basically says that I should simply refer to My2022 specs on the Skoda site.

My problem is that these specs only exist on the rep’s Skoda iPad app and are different to those on the Skoda uk configuration website. The specs also regularly seem to be changing, with things like rear camera and spare wheel apparently now being standard and some other items being made chargeable.

I am not prepared to commit to £20k + if I am not being told exactly what I’m paying for.