12v/Cigarette socket not working

59p

Hi Peeps, 

Only just noticed this when connecting one of my iPhone chargers via the 12v socket and nothing happened. Not a major concern for charging a phone as I have the usb option however I'm unable to use my portable tyre pump. 

Checked both sockets (boot & centre console) and both have no power. Is this likely to be a fuse or something else? 

7 minutes ago, Wino said:

99% guaranteed to be a blown fuse.

Thanks, just watching videos on how to access the fuse box on these Octy's - have to say, not the most well thought out place to put the damn thing! Glove box needs to come out which seems a little fiddly. 

1 hour ago, 59p said:

Its a RHD. 

I guessed that.  I'm just saying that the car is initially designed for LHD & therefore the fuse box & bonnet release  are easy to access if it's LHD.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, numptie-boy said:

Mine doesn't work either. I assume the fuse is for that only 'cos everything else works.

Most definitely the fuse that will need replacing. Its fuse no 40, a yellow (20).