Rear wheel arch seal ?

b1ackb1rd

Bit of help please, the my near side wheel arch liner of the 2012 Greenline I bought today is sitting about 1cm from the bodywork, almost like there is a something missing - should there be a seal or does it need to be refitted?

Yes, it's a glued on hollow seal. It hardly seals the gap even when it's in place, mud can creep past towards the inner seal. If not cleaned off it can rub on the door paint.

When we got the car from new, I stuck some foam strip on the metal door skin to meet up with the OEM seal - seems to be still working.

I do a lot of gravel road travel, and worse, so mud is a constant battle to keep down, not only on door seals but the underside as well :crying:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue. I just pulled them off, cleared off the old adhesive from inside the seal, cleaned the mating surface of the wheel arch (front and back) and used a good bead of gutter sealant i had spare in the 'hollow' of the seal. 

Simply pushed back on firmly, which sends the bead of sealant up the inner and outer edge of the arch lip. They should have been done at factory like this, the adhesive on the oem part is rubbish.

They will certainly not be coming off again!

A good cheap (free) fix. I wouldn't personally bother replacing the parts, they will just come loose again. Save your £40+ and just clean up and refit the originals with some good adhesive sealant.

• Like 1