Kia Ora From New Zealand. Glad To be Here.

banana-splitz

Looking forward to my wonderful new world of Skoda.

Have just purchased a 2011 superb tdi 4x4 combi 103 with what I would deem as significant mileage, 330,000 km's. Luckily had regular servicing and considering age and miles, is in "superb" condition.

I dear say, that over time, it will develop the odd problem and so joining this group hopefully will point me in the right direction.

Side note. Our Police force has finally caught up with many countries in Europe by replacing their fleet with new Superb combi's. Had something to do with vast leg room in the back!!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Gaz_   I hear that the Tdi's only start to have a mid life crisis at 400,000 miles    so yep, she's just run in at a measly 330 km's B)

Warrior193   You'd be welcome any time over here with that totally accurate Maori reply. Fantastic. :handshake:

Warrior193, yep, that's my mid life crisis, straight out of Florida, purchased 7yrs ago. 

I couldn't build or buy a sub 10sec car for what it cost me including shipping. Purchasing any components of reasonable standard is pretty cost prohibitive in NZ, unless you have disposable income. Oh, the joys of living at the bottom of the world. 

No strip in Wangas, other than our annual street drags, which are happening soon. Our area has pushed for one but I think the concensus is that by being next to a windy sandy coast, it would be dangerous, and costly to maintain. 

But 2.5hrs from us are 2 strips, Taupo and Masterton so it's all good. 

IMG_1887.JPG

On 19/02/2021 at 05:27, Warrior193 said:

Tena Koe Kiwi, welcome to the forum.

Are you an expat kiwi. If so, how long ya been away and from what region. 

Welcome!

I so wish I could be back in New Zealand.

We were there 3 years ago.

Absolutely stunning country. And the experience of drinking the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc at the source just makes it taste even nicer 😁👍

We hired a car there and you have some lovely roads. Just a shame it wasn't anything exciting to drive. Toyota Auris 1.8 VVTi and CVT gearbox. Was a nice drive done get me wrong. And I was surprised by the economy.

1 hour ago, Phil-E said:

Welcome!

I so wish I could be back in New Zealand.

We were there 3 years ago.

Absolutely stunning country. And the experience of drinking the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc at the source just makes it taste even nicer 😁👍

We hired a car there and you have some lovely roads. Just a shame it wasn't anything exciting to drive. Toyota Auris 1.8 VVTi and CVT gearbox. Was a nice drive done get me wrong. And I was surprised by the economy.

So pleased you enjoyed our country. I suspect there might be quite a few people wanting to get back to NZ due to being Covid-free. I believe around 100,000 expats have returned already with 1 mill still trying. Our property market is crazy with such a shortage of stock and prices are ridiculous. 

It's funny how us Kiwis take the natural beauty of our country for granted. Tourists come for the nature and we leave to experience the concrete jungle....ironic!

We are all hoping that when covid is under control, people like yourself return to paradise and take a break from all the dramas the world is facing. 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2021 at 02:23, Gaz_ said:

Greetings Mr B, or Mr S :hi:

Sounds like it's run in then!

Gaz

HaHaHaHa. You have a very good sense of humor. (Not enough of it in the world right now). Who did you want to talk to........Mr B  ull   OR  Mr S  hit !!!! I honestly don't know who I'd rather talk to but they're pretty good together:dance::dance: especially at line dancing!!

15 hours ago, banana-splitz said:

Are you an expat kiwi. If so, how long ya been away and from what region. 

Yep, guilty as charged. Came over on my OE in '84, married the girl next door - still here. Born and grew up in Windy City, moved to Taradale in 1980.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/02/2021 at 04:41, Warrior193 said:

Yep, guilty as charged. Came over on my OE in '84, married the girl next door - still here. Born and grew up in Windy City, moved to Taradale in 1980.  

Fantastic. Anyone who serves time in Welly is all the better for it. Did Silverstream between '80 & '84. I was arriving as you were escaping! Is your avatar of the rally mini something you've been interested in and it almost looks like good old kiwi gravel roads

St Pats town old boy from the 60s, avatar is my Mk2 Cooper S during the 73 Heatway Rally (the big one-observation event for world rally status) That photo was almost certainly taken in the last stage in division 2 before Greymouth. My Co-driver was pedalling at the time and I think this was just before we got airborne over a bridge resulting in a shattered front disk and a broken steering-arm! I wish the photographer had been a bit further along in the stage.