Key not recognised

Bigdrive

Hi, for some reason one of my keys is no longer recognised by my 2017 Fabia SEL Estate. I’ve swapped to the spare key which works fine. Has anybody else had this problem and if so does it require a trip to the Skoda dealer to get the problem sorted? Many thanks. 

18 minutes ago, Bigdrive said:

Hi, for some reason one of my keys is no longer recognised by my 2017 Fabia SEL Estate. I’ve swapped to the spare key which works fine. Has anybody else had this problem and if so does it require a trip to the Skoda dealer to get the problem sorted? Many thanks. 

Usually just needs a new 2.5mm (CR2025) battery which is easy to change yourself by splitting the 2 parts of the key apart. Either Duracell or Panasonic are popular.

• 2 months later...
On 19/02/2021 at 19:36, shyVRS245 said:

Usually just needs a new 2.5mm (CR2025) battery which is easy to change yourself by splitting the 2 parts of the key apart. Either Duracell or Panasonic are popular.

Yup, Panasonic, although for some reason I thought they were Sony!

Anyway, from the opening posting, I was getting the impression that "the car not recognising this key" was an immobiliser issue and so nothing to do with the coin cell in the key which just talks to to remote central locking module in the car.

Sorry if I'm wrong, so if it is only a remote central locking issue, then yes the first thing to do is check the coin sell voltage or just replace it with a new Panasonic battery.