Oil Changed Warning

Last year July 2020, I purchased a Skoda Superb Sports Line. It had only done 2500 miles from new. Since purchase  (Covid 19) the recorded mileage is now 3200. The Oil Warning Lamp 'Oil change' light has come on - change oil in 15 Days. Is this a default warning and do I really need an oil change. I am in the Extremely Clinically Vulnerable Group so any help would be most gratefully received. Pauline

I expect your car is coming up to 12 months old, at which point it will be due a service on a time rather than mileage basis. While delaying this almost certainly won't harm the car, it probably is worth your while getting it done to maintain a full service history. Perhaps a local dealer could collect the car to minimise the risk to you.

• Like 1

Even the flexible schedule should request at a maximum of around 2 years... regardless of very low miles.

It would be best to get it done to simplify any future warranty claims and not give them an easy way out. A good independent garage is an option for servicing though.

The service warning is earlier of date since last done, or mileage since last done.

It is possibly a year since last service, or 2 years since new, depending on service regime that was chosen on delivery

So if a Demonstrator or even if not then at the PDI it looks like it was set on a Fixed Service of 372 days / 9,400 miles which ever comes first.

EDIT, 

I see now at the left a 2019 car.

So left on Variable from the factory probably and first Service @ 24 Months.

If the original oil is in from then and maybe months before if stored anyplace then an Oil & Filter change does  really need doing.

Edited by e-Roottoot