NOT FIXED: Misalignment on rear jets - rear washer VRS Saloon

Dear all,

Curious little problem that seem I know us Briskoda members like to ponder. The rear washer for my MY18 Octavia VRS seem to misaligned. This is causing the top of the rear window not to be cleaned properly.

Image 20210320-131830 is the correct alignment from my husband's SE Octavia (also a Saloon). They work correctly.

Image 20210320-131856 is from the VRS. The nozzle seems to be too high up in the spigot and so the bottom jet is just hitting the plastic between the two jets.....

Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Many thanks

Max

20210320_131830.jpg

20210320_131856.jpg

Edited by varaderoguy
not fixed changed title

I think it's similar to the MK2?

If so, the cover will flip up and you can move the entire nozzle slightly, for more fine tuning, you can use a pin or similar to move the metal jets in the plastic housing.

That plastic cover should be easily removable. I would say from your pics it's not quite sitting on correctly. They do move about with use etc. A bit of a wiggle about should sort it out.

The cover might be cracked and that is why it is not sitting correctly, this was the case with my vRS.

If you need to replace it, best to start also with a new nozzle for peace of mind and to avoid needle fiddling, cost for both cover and nozzle is around a tenner and the nozzles are set correctly.

Best to heat both parts gently with a hairdryer or a heat gun before popping them off, or wait for summer.

Part numbers for sedan (estate has different cover):

1x rear wiper cover   5JA 955 435, 
1x rear washer nozzle 1Z5 955 985 

combi cover is 5K6 955 435

HTH

Edit: apparently, for later models with reversing camera there is a different nozzle with valve, part number 5TA955993

Edited by dieselV6

12 minutes ago, dieselV6 said:

Edit: apparently, for later models with reversing camera there is a different nozzle with valve, part number 5TA955993

That nozzle looks like the one fitted to the camera rather than the rear wiper :thumbup:

So - some good news. I've fixed the problem. I managed to unhook the cap from the back of the washer arm and found that the washer nozzles were slightly pushed up. Pushed them back down and replaced the car. It's now realigned and the holes and the jets now match up. Result.

• Haha 1

• varaderoguy changed the title to FIXED: Misalignment on rear jets - rear washer VRS Saloon
On 21/03/2021 at 15:44, varaderoguy said:

So - some good news. I've fixed the problem. I managed to unhook the cap from the back of the washer arm and found that the washer nozzles were slightly pushed up. Pushed them back down and replaced the car. It's now realigned and the holes and the jets now match up. Result.

Bit extreme to replace the whole car just for some misaligned nozzles.   (Sry couldn't resist :D)

• Haha 1

Och....typo.

Actually I wish it was fixed. It broke itself again. Water now going out of holes now spraying car behind!! Going into dealer to be fixed on the 5th April.

• Haha 2

• varaderoguy changed the title to NOT FIXED: Misalignment on rear jets - rear washer VRS Saloon