Superb L&K at Hendy Bournemouth

Just to close this off, a small discount and refundable deposit while I go and find a car to sit in at the weekend mean this one's now mine pending success this weekend. Thanks for all your help!

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChrisCh said:

Looks great! I hope it goes through.

Just for info, if you want to upgrade the infotainment to the later MIB2.5 touch screens (as on newer Superbs) it's possible. Details on my build thread (linked on my left). :)

That version should already have the mib2.5” though? My 67 plate 2018 one has!

14 hours ago, SkudMissile21 said:

That version should already have the mib2.5” though? My 67 plate 2018 one has!

No - look at the photos on the original advert. Looks like a very late MIB2 car (early 2017). Later 2017 cars had the MIB2.5 9.2" Columbus screen (rather than the earlier 8" Columbus MIB2)

It's a March 2017 car. I did wonder whether I'm better off waiting for a slightly newer car. What's the approximate cost of a 9.2" columbus screen and MIB2.5?

6 hours ago, ChrisCh said:

No - look at the photos on the original advert. Looks like a very late MIB2 car (early 2017). Later 2017 cars had the MIB2.5 9.2" Columbus screen (rather than the earlier 8" Columbus MIB2)

Oh yeah you’re right! That and the white interior would be enough to put me off!

4 minutes ago, AyB said:

What's the difference between MIB2 and MIB2.5?

Simplest terms, mib2 is what’s in that car.

mib2.5 is a larger screen, looks like a nightmare for sun as well (can’t confirm), less buttons and the buttons aren't  buttons as it’s touch sensitive.

Might be other things too to do with software but not sure

Edited by Danoid

10 minutes ago, Danoid said:

Just noticed the cream interior yum yum.

Does look like the front drivers seat is a bit shiney so get some Gliptone on that :d 

Horses for courses. Doesn't look like SkudMissile likes it, but I think it makes the car much more airy, especially combined with the pano roof. Have plain black on my current car. Aware it'll take more looking after to keep it looking good, but that's fine.

8 minutes ago, Danoid said:

Simplest terms, mib2 is what’s in that car.

mib2.5 is a larger screen, looks like a nightmare for sun as well (can’t confirm), less buttons and the buttons aren't  buttons as it’s touch sensitive.

Might be other things too to do with software but not sure

Thanks. Right now, I just use my phone with Waze, so anything is an upgrade. Sounds like it's possible to retrofit anyway, so if I ever find myself bored with it, I'll fit the larger screen and 2.5. I actually prefer buttons though, never understood the craze with touchscreens in cars, it's much more difficult to know what you're pressing and how many times whilst keeping your eyes on the road.

13 minutes ago, AyB said:

Horses for courses. Doesn't look like SkudMissile likes it, but I think it makes the car much more airy, especially combined with the pano roof. Have plain black on my current car. Aware it'll take more looking after to keep it looking good, but that's fine.

I wish I had the cream leather as like you said makes it look airy and also less hot in summer.

Gliptone liquid leather is what you need, as soon as leather seats look shiney it’s dirty :( 

It makes the car smell amazing too with its leather smell, though if you apply it without gloves it does smell like you’ve been fisting a cow

Edited by Danoid
  • Haha 3

Sorry for bumping this - is the service schedule earlier of the year and the mileage? Given the car is 4 years old with 30k miles, I'd have expected it to have had the 4 year items carried out but I'm being told by the salesman that it's the 30,000 mile items that have been done (although weirdly they've done the spark plugs which are a 4-year item).

4 hours ago, AyB said:

I'm being told by the salesman that it's the 30,000 mile items that have been done (although weirdly they've done the spark plugs which are a 4-year item).

30,000 mile items? That's a good 'un. 

Sounds like the car may have been on longlife service. Basically that means it gets serviced every 2yr or 20,000 miles, whichever comes first. To make things simple, long life or variable servicing means the car foregoes the minor service. Spark plugs are changed at 40,000 or 4yr ( whichever comes first ) so that's correct, the car has been serviced according to manufacturers schedule.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, AyB said:

Sorry for bumping this - is the service schedule earlier of the year and the mileage? Given the car is 4 years old with 30k miles, I'd have expected it to have had the 4 year items carried out but I'm being told by the salesman that it's the 30,000 mile items that have been done (although weirdly they've done the spark plugs which are a 4-year item).

If it’s 30K miles I think it should also mean that the Haldex and DSG has been serviced. Could be wrong though. If that’s on the schedule that’s important, not just clean oil, filter, plugs. Also aren’t they supposed to change the brake fluid every 2 years? 

2 hours ago, Redboy said:

If it’s 30K miles I think it should also mean that the Haldex and DSG has been serviced. Could be wrong though. If that’s on the schedule that’s important, not just clean oil, filter, plugs. Also aren’t they supposed to change the brake fluid every 2 years? 

Brake fluid done, haldex done, DSG not done. I phoned a different dealer who said that needed doing at 40k miles regardless of age. Given they don't have a vested interest in the sale, I went with what they said. I may get the DSG done once it arrives though. Thanks all for your help.

• Like 1