Wing mirrors not working

Hi all....
I'm facing a strange problem in my Skoda Octavia Mk1 1.9 Tdi ALH (1U)

My central locking, front door power windows, electric mirrors all were not working previously due to damaged door modules....
I replaced the front door modules and now  I have central locking in all doors, all the power windows work excluding the rear right one as I am still unable to find that particular module, but yes....the remaining three are functional from their respective switches as well as the driver's side switch.
The lock/ unlock button works on the drivers side panel.....but for some reason unknown, the mirror adjustment doesn't work....
I tried supplying 12v directly to the mirror motors and found out that the left one has gone kaput but the right one works......also the glass on the right mirror is of a local make hence it does not have the heating element.....but the glass on the left has 2 terminals attached to it....
I've tried swapping the adjustment switch incase it was a faulty one but to no avail......the mirror on the right won't work...I know for a fact that the switches I have are good and in proper working condition because I can see it's position (X+,Y+, etc) in vag-com measuring blocks.....

The wiring form the connector to the mirror has continuity till the big connector to the module..so I presume the wiring is ok.

Also attaching a AutoScan for your reference if that will help 

Can anyone guide me in the right direction to resolve this issue? 

Auto Scan 23-3-21.pdf

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wouldn’t presume the wiring is ok or the connecting window regulator as it acts as a hub. So you could have a break in the wire or a snapped/rusted pin on the regulator. You need to check the whole loom which includes pealing back the tape.

23 minutes ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Wouldn’t presume the wiring is ok or the connecting window regulator as it acts as a hub. So you could have a break in the wire or a snapped/rusted pin on the regulator. You need to check the whole loom which includes pealing back the tape.

So where exactly do I need to check the wiring? I've checked for continuity from the connector at the mirror till the big connector which connects to the door module ( the big electronics box which connects to the window motor) and yes...the pins are not corroded in that connector...as I connected the multimeter's probe to the pin to check the continuity .
Neither are the pins in the module itself corroded...

28 minutes ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Do the mirrors have a fuse which I might be missing? :thinking:

• Administrators
2 hours ago, srane4213 said:

So where exactly do I need to check the wiring? I've checked for continuity from the connector at the mirror till the big connector which connects to the door module ( the big electronics box which connects to the window motor) and yes...the pins are not corroded in that connector...as I connected the multimeter's probe to the pin to check the continuity .
Neither are the pins in the module itself corroded...

Door card off and bottom a pillar and disconnect it all and check it that way.

2 hours ago, srane4213 said:

Not that I know of, but it may piggy back off something else. Check the side fuse box and check for any blown ones.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT

28 minutes ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Door card off and bottom a pillar and disconnect it all and check it that way.

I thought the connector there only consists of a main 12v, ground, the speaker wires, 2 canbus wires, the black/red +ve for the puddle lamp plus a yellow/red wire which goes into the big connector of the door module....do any of these wires go directly to the mirror assembly?

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, srane4213 said:

I thought the connector there only consists of a main 12v, ground, the speaker wires, 2 canbus wires, the black/red +ve for the puddle lamp plus a yellow/red wire which goes into the big connector of the door module....do any of these wires go directly to the mirror assembly?

As seen here, it connects to the loom, this is why sometimes if the locks or light buzzer goes, the mirror does too. (top left corner)
007EF500-A4D5-4260-8BCB-F04AFC4DD47D.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 23/03/2021 at 13:10, srane4213 said:

This one  for me runs the central locking (but not for the boot) plus the mirror motors and heating element.

IMG20210429121517~2.jpg

• Like 1

On 29/04/2021 at 16:50, Octyvrs03 said:

This one  for me runs the central locking (but not for the boot) plus the mirror motors and heating element.

IMG20210429121517~2.jpg

Thanks buddy...will check that one and let you know