Rear screen wipe and wash

Evening

My superb rear window washer is not spraying. The wiper is working but there is no fluid coming out. 

Its been in my hands for less than 2 weeks so I will contact Skoda in Swansea to resolve it but just in case its not something stupid i thought i would start here. 

Anything to look out for?

I had the same problem last week and it really pi$$ed me off.

After reading one post about removing the boot lid liner to check for a split pipe - which I foolishly did and there wasn't, the simplest was to pop the jet nozzle off using a flat screwdriver (it's a click fitting) then try the washer jet. If you get a vertical jet of water then you know the jets are blocked.

I used a bit of wire wool to remove any rust deposits and it now works as it should do.

It might not be the same issue as mine, but worth a try 👍👍

On 23/03/2021 at 21:39, john999boy said:

Is your profile correct - Mk2/2008?

Anyway it probably the jet that’s clogged. I think there’s a few threads about that on here. :thumbup:

Oops need to update that. I replaced the 58 with a 67 L&K 2 weeks ago. 

Thanks for that.

22 hours ago, Booshakker said:

I had the same problem last week and it really pi$$ed me off.

After reading one post about removing the boot lid liner to check for a split pipe - which I foolishly did and there wasn't, the simplest was to pop the jet nozzle off using a flat screwdriver (it's a click fitting) then try the washer jet. If you get a vertical jet of water then you know the jets are blocked.

I used a bit of wire wool to remove any rust deposits and it now works as it should do.

It might not be the same issue as mine, but worth a try 👍👍

Cheers for this. I had a look today and there was fluid bubbling at the jets so will have a closer look tomorrow again. i did notice some rust water residual on the paintwork from when i used the washer. Sounds like thats my problem.

Cheers

@booshakker thanks for that advice.

Lifted the nozzel off and cleaned it with a pin. Then knocked out all the crud and debris that was in there as well. Result is 2 clean jets now.

Simple fix in the end. 

On 29/03/2021 at 15:23, pdrisc said:

@booshakker thanks for that advice.

Lifted the nozzel off and cleaned it with a pin. Then knocked out all the crud and debris that was in there as well. Result is 2 clean jets now.

Simple fix in the end. 

Glad it worked. At least you didn't need to remove the boot lid liner like I did 🤦