Delivery lead-time

Ianhudson

On 23/02/2022 at 21:45, Mloc said:

Will adjust my expectations also. Had you many extras on your order?

Yep:

Panoramic sunroof

Heat pump

Driver assistance plus pack

Climate plus pack

Comfort pack

Convenience plus pack

Drive sport pack

Infotainment plus pack

On 22/02/2022 at 19:56, Nicky_P said:

Frustrating isn't it. What are you going for now or have you given up on new cars for the time being?

I have placed an order for a Tesla Model Y instead, wife actually prefers it so was a no brainier really 

Not sure if anyone has had any luck with your dealer but mine spoke to central sales beginning of Feb, who said the delay is because they had over 15k orders to manually key in because of an error with optional extra codes. They couldn't say where in the queue of these 15k mine was but said once sorted I'll get an update. We were originally told March but obviously not going to happen as can imagine they probably only have 2 people working on this data input.

The update from last week was also, no more news and he'll chase in a few weeks again.

Edited by AvRS

Oh dear, whilst it is a great disappointment, I ordered 3.5 months ago, possibly nothing compared to the horrors unfolding in Ukraine ........😟

On 23/02/2022 at 16:10, Jcb05 said:

I ordered my Race Blue Enyaq Loft with a few extras September 17th 21. As of the 1st Feb (last update) I still had no build date at all. 

If I recall correctly it has been accepted by the factory, Have explained that I need it for a holiday in June but Dealer is VERY skeptical as to whether it would arrive in time, but that will be 9 MONTHS after ordering it . 

Finally got an update from my dealer yesterday and have now got a build week - Week 11 (14th March) and a "potential" handover week - Week 16 (18th April) 

So if all goes to plan there is a 5-6 week turnaround between build and delivery to the customer which is a great bit of news, and just in time for a long maiden journey. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jcb05 said:

Finally got an update from my dealer yesterday and have now got a build week - Week 11 (14th March) and a "potential" handover week - Week 16 (18th April) 

So if all goes to plan there is a 5-6 week turnaround between build and delivery to the customer which is a great bit of news, and just in time for a long maiden journey. 

Seems unlikely with the news yesterday that production will be reduced this week 😕

• Like 1

Stumbled across a delivery time estimate for various manufacturers on carlow, not sure if it's been posted on here before...

Ignore the select car button at the beginning, scroll further down to see delivery selector section.

Enyaq 52+ weeks.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/new-car-delivery-times#gref

Edited by Nicky_P

I wonder whether these dealers giving updates now have information that is truly up to date.....?

Unless VAG/Skoda can source a supplier of wiring looms from somewhere other than Ukraine then I don't think any of us are getting a car anytime soon..........😧

I wonder how many looms they have in the stores. I suspect I know the answer to that......😥

• Like 1

Confirmed by Skoda and VW Group that Enyaq production is stopped from Thursday 3/3/22 due to components from Russia/Ukraine.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/faq-russia-ukraine/

Further down it says

It is not feasible to produce incomplete vehicles in this case due to the nature of the missing parts. We are addressing the situation by adjusting our production programme and completing pre-produced cars that are missing the parts we now have sufficient quantities of.

Sounds like they need to work out how to get alternative parts, so I would think unlikely to restart soon.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

Parts including semi-conductors might be easier to sort out in the short or long term, but lets see how it goes for the materials required for battery packs for electrification.

Mild, plug in and BEV battery packs for the global requirement now and over the next decade and beyond. 

Russia are in the Ukraine for minerals such as 'lithium oxide' more than the Oil & Gas. 

https://electrive.com/2021/11/08/european-lithium-secures-ukranian-lithium-deposits/

PS

& now the price of nickle is a major issue.  

Edited by roottoot

On 03/03/2022 at 17:24, Phil245 said:

I wonder whether these dealers giving updates now have information that is truly up to date.....?

Unless VAG/Skoda can source a supplier of wiring looms from somewhere other than Ukraine then I don't think any of us are getting a car anytime soon..........😧

I wonder how many looms they have in the stores. I suspect I know the answer to that......😥

the company also makes these wiring looms in Serbia, Morocco etc. Not sure if they can ramp up production. It appears all german manufacturers are also affected (Porsche, BMW, VW group etc.)

On 08/03/2022 at 16:43, Mloc said:

Skoda dealer here in Ireland said they are no longer accepting orders before 2023 now

wow. That's shocking! Their degree of communication is appalling TBH. You need to beg them for an answers.

I can understand the implication of semiconductor delay and even wiring components owing to the Russian invasion of Ukraine but keep the channels of communication open

My order is in since December, build week was meant to be 10... So I had emailed to see if any week was assigned now with the recent shut down. Dealer said it is now set to week 11... I expect this will just keep getting pushed back a week at a time. 

He mentioned as a by the way that they have been told not to accept any further orders for this year. 

I guess if we ever get our cars, chances are they will be worth more than we paid immediately. 

6 hours ago, Mloc said:

My order is in since December, build week was meant to be 10... So I had emailed to see if any week was assigned now with the recent shut down. Dealer said it is now set to week 11... I expect this will just keep getting pushed back a week at a time. 

He mentioned as a by the way that they have been told not to accept any further orders for this year. 

I guess if we ever get our cars, chances are they will be worth more than we paid immediately. 

I got some good news yesterday. My car left the factory. At least there are cars en route to Ireland right now even with all of the supply problems and the terrible situation in Ukraine. Hopefully you folks get good news soon. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

17 hours ago, Robrad30 said:

I got some good news yesterday. My car left the factory. At least there are cars en route to Ireland right now even with all of the supply problems and the terrible situation in Ukraine. Hopefully you folks get good news soon. 

Interested to see how long it takes to get here. I read on Boards that people have ID4s sitting in Emdem 6 weeks now. Hoping less Skodas are queued. 

1 hour ago, Mloc said:

Interested to see how long it takes to get here. I read on Boards that people have ID4s sitting in Emdem 6 weeks now. Hoping less Skodas are queued. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar wait to be honest. I’d imagine VW group cars probably ship together so they might be waiting for a full shipment. Given the delays lately, that might mean waiting for a while.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2022 at 17:48, Robrad30 said:

when did you place your order @Robrad30?

8 minutes ago, dubincalling said:

when did you place your order @Robrad30?

We let our dealer know in August we’d be ordering as soon as orders opened again, and he placed our order the day that the 2022 order book opened (I think that was on the 11th of November, but I might be mistaken).

on an Irish forum (boards.ie) someone claimed they spoke to a dealer and the semiconductor issue appears to be resolved but wiring looms from Ukraine are an issue and they anticipate 9 weeks delay until Skoda sources them from elsewhere

1 minute ago, dubincalling said:

spoke to the dealer today so an order from Nov, scheduled for built at week 10 will be delayed. Optimistic predictions are that I might get the car i  August

Week 10 here also and have resigned myself to July/august. Although I do read that they expect production to begin again in 3-4 weeks. Hopefully starting with original week 9/10 builds.