Delivery lead-time

Ianhudson

JAHS, I contacted Skoda UK by live text on Saturday, and as you said they were very helpful. Had a phone call on Monday and they said that I could expect delivery in October. Then had an email from the dealer saying that delivery will be at the end of November!!!!

If I aim for November I won't be unhappy if it comes in October, but I would be if it was the other way round.

• Like 1

Ordered mine with a lease company through work. Order confirmed on 6th May, original due date to the dealership was 30th July, then 23rd August, now 17th September. Getting a bit fed up to be honest.

27 minutes ago, Ianhudson said:

mine has now just been pushed back to 7th March. it started out 1st November then 31st January now this but have been told i'll get more of a confirmed date once parts are in. blaming on semiconductor shortage.

Not looking good for me then. Do you have a build week now?

Managed to get the Skoda order number from our dealer today and they have also confirmed the order is accepted but no build week. Skoda UK on Facebook confirmed the same. Said we should get a build week in the next week or so. 

2 minutes ago, Xtopher said:

Not looking good for me then. Do you have a build week now?

Managed to get the Skoda order number from our dealer today and they have also confirmed the order is accepted but no build week. Skoda UK on Facebook confirmed the same. Said we should get a build week in the next week or so. 

I haven't got that yet as it's a business lease through a third party however they keep updating with the anticipated dates for now. I'm going to chase them in a few weeks to see if they have any indication of a build date. It's been on order since around 10th July.

4 minutes ago, Ianhudson said:

I haven't got that yet as it's a business lease through a third party however they keep updating with the anticipated dates for now. I'm going to chase them in a few weeks to see if they have any indication of a build date. It's been on order since around 10th July.

Ah ok. I think 31/01 is the current 'catch all' date from Skoda UK. It was 31/12 then pushed out to 31/01. More a 'we don't have a clue' date than anything firm I think. Our dealer had one that was meant to come in and didn't but then another that wasn't expected for a month or so just been confirmed its on its way. So they seem to have no idea what's being made when and why! 

I managed to get a few more details from the lease company yesterday. Apparently my car has been built, they have the chassis number, it's just waiting to be shipped. I guess it's parked up waiting for a microchip.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAHS said:

Well week 33 has come and gone! Still is still in production due to missing chips. No indication how long long I'll have to wait. Not the best. 

Hi, what options did you add to yours?  I also ordered a 60 suite at the same time and have been informed that it is being built this week and due for delivery by 15th October but a am skeptical!

2 hours ago, Shortie4 said:

Hi, what options did you add to yours?  I also ordered a 60 suite at the same time and have been informed that it is being built this week and due for delivery by 15th October but a am skeptical!

Electrically, I only added the sunroof and the towbar prep- nothing too complex! 

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 15:08, Helipilot said:

JAHS, I contacted Skoda UK by live text on Saturday, and as you said they were very helpful. Had a phone call on Monday and they said that I could expect delivery in October. Then had an email from the dealer saying that delivery will be at the end of November!!!!

If I aim for November I won't be unhappy if it comes in October, but I would be if it was the other way round.

I heard today that my car is set for build week 39 and to allow up to 6 weeks for delivery. Feel a little better after waiting almost 10 weeks for info.

Well I ordered on 16 June, and was given a build week of 28 (mid to late July). Since then I have repeatedly been informed that it is "in production". So presumably all built and just waiting some semiconductors. 

Frustrating wait though. And it's getting to the point that I really need it to arrive. 

6 hours ago, Rudesing said:

Well I ordered on 16 June, and was given a build week of 28 (mid to late July). Since then I have repeatedly been informed that it is "in production". So presumably all built and just waiting some semiconductors. 

Frustrating wait though. And it's getting to the point that I really need it to arrive. 

That's quite a while you've been waiting. Doesn't seem to be any info on how long these cars are going to take to finish. Frustrating that the info is so limited with build codes it could be stuck on code 20 and no one can actually say if its been built and waiting on chips or not even started yet. They could have a better system I'm sure. 

Just requested an update via Skoda UK’s chat. Car should’ve been built last week - not confident that actually happened - the agent unable to say much< other than giving bit of a white one, chat transcript inserted

I find it a bit strange there isn’t even a status code available.

Hopefully it’s just a lack of updates and not 🍟 🤷‍♂️

BBEF92A5-7190-4DF7-983D-3941F5C598E0.jpeg

D879CF5B-CEED-4F4B-A52F-D6D292E62B7B.jpeg

11 hours ago, Stripy said:

Just requested an update via Skoda UK’s chat. Car should’ve been built last week - not confident that actually happened - the agent unable to say much< other than giving bit of a white one, chat transcript inserted

I find it a bit strange there isn’t even a status code available.

Hopefully it’s just a lack of updates and not 🍟 🤷‍♂️

BBEF92A5-7190-4DF7-983D-3941F5C598E0.jpeg

D879CF5B-CEED-4F4B-A52F-D6D292E62B7B.jpeg

I was told yesterday that my one is half way through production. From my understanding they have no way of telling that. Maybe just telling me what I want to hear! 

Looks like ours has come forward about a month (last we heard it was build week 42 - mid Oct), but in my mind that probably means it will be made then left to wait for chips for about the same time! But its nice if the dates are coming forward. This is about that date we expect it to be built when we first ordered, so maybe they are getting into their backlog a little with Enyaq's at least. 

image.png.be8fd583a40952069c46f6ce388b4930.png

I spoke to my dealer today. Apparently my car was built as planned last week (yay!) and it left the factory this Monday.

So if all goes well in transit it should be here in about a month. 

Edited by Malakim
  • Like 3

Got some good news this morning car is fully built and heading to the port in Germany. So that was scheduled week 33 for built so its been 10 days or so longer than exepected for the build. 👍

• Like 4

On 01/09/2021 at 07:19, e-Roottoot said:

It is rather strange with Skoda that they seem to be rather pleased with themselves in how many vehicles they have manufactured and delivered in the first half of 2021.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/strong-first-half-of-the-year-skoda-auto-significantly-increases-operating-profit-and-revenue

It’s a comparison with first half of 2020, when many areas were in lockdowns March-June

But then PR spin would not allow a comparison with most recent normal year 2019

Can’t find one for 6 months in 2019, but there is 9 month one, so can take 2/3 to compare

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/skoda-auto-increases-sales-revenue-and-operating-profit-in-first-nine-months-of-2019/

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1