Heater

Anyone else havjng problems with the heater in the octivia mk3 face lifed model ?
Any one got any idears ? It’s already been back to the dealers once already ! 
The right hand flap has cool air comeing out. The left one has hot air comeing out when the heating is set to hi.

photo 1 is the right hand one.  
photo 2 is the left hand one. 

26EBD73D-9BD2-4808-9B04-C48EA4837D3F.jpeg

45718661-73ED-4FA3-9537-3F8C68B54C1A.jpeg

I tryed that. I csn hear something moving which i would hazard a guess and say that its the flap that’s moving. 

Do you have a cooling system with the silicate bag in the expansion tank. If it has burst and lost the granules this will block the heater matrix and probably cause the issues you are having. It’s also and expensive fix.

Im fairly sure it had the bag. I know what bg your on about ! 
The car is 2 year old. Im hopeing it’s covered by the warranty! Ive read the matrix is bout £1000 ish to sort ! 

Your expansion tank I think will say on it if it has a bag or not. “mit silicate” possibly. You could have a fish around in the fluid to see if you can see it, but obviously with caution because if it isn’t broken don’t break it. But sadly yes it’s an expensive fix but would be surprised in a 2 year old car. Mine is a 67plate and doesn’t have the bag as far as I’m aware as there is no indication on the tank that there is one fitted.

Edited by FrankNicklin

Im sure i saw he bag a while back unless im starting to go totally mad ! It doesn’t have the mit salek on the header tank. 

Mines still under warranty. Does any one know if the heater matrix is covered at all ? 
Dont really fancy forking out a grand to get it sorted ! 

If your expansion tank doesn't have "mit silikat", you probably don't have the bag in coolant problem.

Meaning that your heaters have a different issue. What happens if you put them on full heat "Hi", and "sync" the temp?

Edited by Noms

Ive had the temp gauge on hi and sync. The car has already been in for a different fault but got the dealer to sort it which they did! It's only recently it stopped again!

A mate of mine managed to change the heater matrix himself. Said it was a bit of a faff but can be done. Only cost the price of the part so it's not the end of the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem heater matrix blockage ( very common problem ) just bought new none genuine rad with bigger pipes in. £80 with postage. Not too difficult to fit left hand side under dash but will need to take heater fan off.

2 types of rad fitted Denso or Valeo

I think it will be a flow valve. I had a new matrix fitted to mine at 2 years old. No change. The dealer was useless. Skoda said to change it.  It ended up being a flow valve! 

• Thanks 1