Automatic date&time (GPS)

magiel

Hi everyone, I have a 2019 karoq with amudsen and for a few days I have a problem with time and date. I have setting with automatic time and date (GPS) but the date has become 11/26/2040 and the time is one behind the actual time. At the same time I saw that, despite my hotspot working correctly, skoda connect does not work and the globe remains red. Navigation and maps work perfectly. Has it happened to anyone?
Nb of course I reset several times .... But nothing to do

On 13/04/2021 at 06:34, magiel said:

Hi everyone, I have a 2019 karoq with amudsen and for a few days I have a problem with time and date. I have setting with automatic time and date (GPS) but the date has become 11/26/2040 and the time is one behind the actual time. 

Did you accidentally hit 88mph?

1eeff741e19ee72953f22ec619ffcf72.jpg.2c6e494fd9d56e5383f44b4ab72db53f.jpg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Berisford said:

Ours refuses to set the correct time via GPS also - I’ve turned it off but have to go through a few hoops to reset the time when the clocks change.

Before the pandemic arrived we used to go to France a lot, we have friends who have a place that is a 5hr drive down from Cherbourg.

We have run 2 Octavias during this period.

The first a 15 plate with Bi-xenons and then an 18 plate with LED headlights.

The 15 plate used to warn us when we arrived in France, about speed limits and adjust the headlight beam accordingly.

I am convinced it adjusted the clock also.

The 18 plate refuses point blank to change the time, despite the GPS setting, or change the headlight setting.

I have raised this with my dealer and directly with SUK. Neither could tell me what the ‘set time by GPS’ actually meant.

I have had a number of updates to the infotainment system to try and fix the issue.

Obviously, testing is a problem.

The last fix was attempted last year, we managed to get away in June, still no joy!

On my return I complained once again.

Eventually I got an answer from the manufacturers.

Apparently the ‘set time by GPS’ parameter is only calculated based on Longitude!!

For the clock to change you have to drive far enough East (or West I guess), then it will advance to the correct time.

I have pointed out to my dealer and SUK that this is absolute nonsense, that in this day and age where satellite positioning is in almost every device and even watches and phones can calculate time and distance run and place your location on a map, to have a system in a car that sets the time based on just half of a location value is plain stupid.

Of course the same argument holds true for daylight saving time.

Having to tick/untick a box twice a year to make the adjustment is equally stupid.

It would seem that SUK agree, as they gave me a £300 voucher to be spent on accessories, in an attempt to placate me...

It still baffles me that there is a setting in the infotainment system that fails to do what it describes.

More people should complain to their dealers and SUK.

At the end of the day the fix must just be a coding change.

• Like 2

There is an easy fix for Clock change issues.....you need to enable Automatic Summer Time via either ODBEleven (app) or via VCDS.  That will deal with Clock Change. 

Please look in the VCDS modifications in the Octavia Forum (MK3) on how to do this.

You might also want to consider a firmware update to fix MIB gremlins.

20 hours ago, xman said:

11/26/2040

That's quite random - that's not even UNIX Epoc problem (that 2038).  What you can do is switch OFF GPS - set the time/date manually, and then switch on GPS again.  That will at least get the hardware time correct.

Thanks for the reply, I will try to change Automatic Summer Time via OBDELEVEN, and if it doesn't work, I will contact the assistance for firmware update. However I have already tried to set the time and date manually and then switch to gps but it doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I solved the problem without going through assistance ... I connected the obdeleven and performed a hard reset of the infotaitment module. Now everything ok

• Like 1