MM21 Skoda Kodiaq - adaptive lane guidance

Ronal

Hi. I'm new to the forum and new to skoda.

I'm trying to figure out if anyone has activated the feature  "adaptive lane guidance" in my MY21 Skoda Kodiaq RS.  Seeing some stuff on the net but not very useful.

Some research says you need OBD11, but cant find any coding helps.

Thanks.

Hi @Billywizzo

Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm suprised they would disabled that feature..where as most VW /Audi group is using it. I got so used to it on highway driving in my old tiguan..

20 minutes ago, Ronal said:

So does that mean even with VCDS i wont be able to code in the adaptive lane guidance?

Correct, they have put software locks in place

I guess they are fed up with people not paying for options and adding them for free later

Ahhh that sucks, if i was offered that option as a add-on i would have, but in my car there wasn't any options to add apart from ventilated leather seats.

I actually confused my self with lane assist thinking that was it...silly!

Hello Ronal,

I am trying to activate adaptive lane assist on my kamiq MY2021 via OBD11 so  far it does not work... although many owners of kamiq MY2019 have activate it.

If i manage to activate it i will let you know.

Please  do not hesitate to inform me, if you have any new of how to do it.

8 hours ago, Nikos1 said:

I am trying to activate adaptive lane assist on my kamiq MY2021 via OBD11 so  far it does not work

Stop trying, you cannot get it working.

2019 models have old password protected access to modules and you can tweak them using OBD11, VCDS or anything similar.

2021 models have modules protected by codes which you can get only from VAG server. So, no access to change coding with OBD11.

@Ronal

It's possible to activate adaptive lane assist. You can do it with cheap ELM327 adapter and software from PlayMarket\AppStore.

Lot's of people in Russia successfully did that.

On 15/04/2021 at 19:19, Billywizzo said:

I have adaptive lane guidance on mine, what you can't seem to do on the new MY21 cars is activate any features that were not originally active on the car from the factory.

You're talking about SWAP codes. And yes, for MY21 lot's of camera features requires SWAP codes (signs, full TJA). But! Adaptive line guidance does not require SWAP code if you have line assistant (even for new 2Q camera). 

20 minutes ago, batal said:

@Ronal

It's possible to activate adaptive lane assist. You can do it with cheap ELM327 adapter and software from PlayMarket\AppStore.

Lot's of people in Russia successfully did that.

You're talking about SWAP codes. And yes, for MY21 lot's of camera features requires SWAP codes (signs, full TJA). But! Adaptive line guidance does not require SWAP code if you have line assistant (even for new 2Q camera). 

So, could you please forward us the long code you have done ? In order to activate adaptive lane assists ?

I have 3Q camera (together with MIB3) but as I know it works also for 2Q camera (also with MIB3):

A5:

Byte 14 set 10001001.

5F:

[LO]_LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus -> Can extended.

(I'm talking about Kodiaq 21MY without SFD, not sure about Kamiq)

Thanks batal. That's good news.

Ill look into the adapter. Sounds promising now.

My lane assist came active, i just need the adaptive lane guidance to be active now. 

20210415_205608.jpg

7 hours ago, batal said:

I have 3Q camera (together with MIB3) but as I know it works also for 2Q camera (also with MIB3):

A5:

Byte 14 set 10001001.

5F:

[LO]_LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus -> Can extended.

(I'm talking about Kodiaq 21MY without SFD, not sure about Kamiq)

Thank you for your reply !

I am trying to set on A5 unit byte 14 as you said , but probably Obd11 works different... I can only choose 0-31 value for byte 14 and then I can change bits 0 to 7.

Any suggestions?

Have ordered my ELM327 adapter.  Hopefully will get it in next few days. Any recommendations  of the app for andriods which works the best to do this.?

Thanks

@Ronal

https://www.carscanner.info/

https://www.carscanner.info/coding-mqb/

(please use it very carefully and always read all instructions first)

If you have any questions, PM me. I'll provide you link to another forum (it's in Russian but you can use google translate) with discussion about this program for Kodiaq (not sure that it's allowed to post it here).

Edited by batal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, batal said:

I don't have OBD11, sorry.

Could you please provide me informations about your A5 Unit ? Take a look on picture bellow, its my A5 Unit Information.

All these informations are critical in order to be sure that we talk about same A5 Unit.

If we have same unit and same versions on software, just with Long Coding number i can make the changes needed!

Last but not least, the only change you have made is about adaptive lane assist on A5 Unit?

Thank you in advance!

Info A5 Kamiq Ambition 1.6 TDI MY2021.jpg

On 20/04/2021 at 23:05, batal said:

@Ronal

https://www.carscanner.info/

https://www.carscanner.info/coding-mqb/

(please use it very carefully and always read all instructions first)

If you have any questions, PM me. I'll provide you link to another forum (it's in Russian but you can use google translate) with discussion about this program for Kodiaq (not sure that it's allowed to post it here).

I just got my device today, will try to see how it works. Can you provide me the link you mentioned above on guide/forum. im very new to this.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to make it work with OBD 11 on MJ21 with 2Q camera & MIB3(amundsen)

A5 -> Long Coding(page 0) -> Point_of_intervention -> early_setting_over_menu(It was on Late)

1 hour ago, Iasmin90 said:

I managed to make it work with OBD 11 on MJ21 with 2Q camera & MIB3(amundsen)

A5 -> Long Coding(page 0) -> Point_of_intervention -> early_setting_over_menu(It was on Late)

Since you are using ODB11 could you please provide us with long code  and rest of information of A5 UNIT - 5F UNIT - 17 UNIT - 44 UNIT ?

For example I am uploading my A5 UNIT info from ODB11.

Will help us to realize what is the difference in coding , because in some models only changing Point of intervation it doesn't work .

Thank you in advance !

Screenshot_2021-05-04-14-45-40-503_com.voltasit.obdeleven~2.png