Fit new grille without removing bumper

Hi

I just ordered new grille black glossy with black glossy surrounding so complete grill. Do i need to remove whole bumper ro take off whole grille or can

i do some other way? 

How is whole grille fitted on the bumper? Screws? Clips?

My car is Octavia MK3 Facelift 2019

O3FL-FGFULL-V2-2.jpg

It clips.

You will probably break the old surround removing it, it can be done without removing the bumper, at that stage you can decide how much forcing will be involved to fit the new one, if its too much then remove the bumper.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

It clips.

You will probably break the old surround removing it, it can be done without removing the bumper, at that stage you can decide how much forcing will be involved to fit the new one, if its too much then remove the bumper.

I will remove whole bumper and i did not order just surrounding i ordered whole new grille with surrounding on it. Its glossy black

17 minutes ago, Mickvrs220 said:

The surround clips on the grill doesnt ,i think ,plenty of info on the site about replacement grills 

There is alot of info but no photo of grille is welded or clipped in place . Removing bumper is not the problem for me, i just wondered if whole grill was welded in place on the bumper or not. I know that surrounding is clipped but not sure for the whole grill. But i found a vid on YT after my post so i got my answer. ITs not welded

Edited by bihslk82

3 minutes ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Everyone on here whos replaced upper grill have stated that its plastic welds not clips so fingers crossed for you ,let us know how you get on 👍

I know that but if you look at the video i linked it shows clearly no welding. 

But i will take photos and post it here when done with replacement

I have just done exactly the same on my 2020 octavia FL, If yours is a FL the grille is not welded in place but is held in by lugs on the bumper, however the bumper does require removal which is quite easy on these 👍

Edited by Tebba61
  • Love it! 1

2 hours ago, Tebba61 said:

I have just done exactly the same on my 2020 octavia FL, If yours is a FL the grille is not welded in place but is held in by lugs on the bumper, however the bumper does require removal which is quite easy on these 👍

Hi mate. Mine is FL yes 2019

47 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

The whole front bumper needs to come off - its a pain, but not impossible with a second pair of hands and some patience.

Yes know that now it will be ok. I will post a PIC when its done.

• 2 weeks later...