Cruise Control issue - no dash icon, no response

Hi Champs,

tried to look for a similar topic but no luck, therefore creating a new one.

Issue:

Cruise Control not working once switched ON. No Dashboard icon appear, No response when pressing +Set button.

BUT when im changing CC option to speed limit (button at the bottom) it works perfectly. Even dash icon appears.

I've read that maybe faulty switch is causing a problem...but....speed limit option works and can be set up, I've checked under VCDS if the buttons works and it seems its totally fine.

I'm the 2nd owner, therefore im not sure if previous owner changed something in CC options. 

I had this on my L&K, try pressing and hold the right hand turn wheel on the multifunction steering wheel. It reset it for me.

1 hour ago, Pagan-Image said:

I had this on my L&K, try pressing and hold the right hand turn wheel on the multifunction steering wheel. It reset it for me.

should i do that once CC is enabled/disabled, on movement or can i do that in the garage?

It worked for me at the time on my superb, its certainly worth a try :).

My local dealer tried to investigate, but just sent a video of it to Skoda, who said they would fix it in a future software update.... which never happened.

18 minutes ago, Pagan-Image said:

I did it whilst i was driving on the M1 :D

gotcha! will try that :) thanks for letting me know :)

im not going to visit any dealer in a short time, especially with only that issue - don't want to be ripped off. 

that function is not MUST to have..its just Nice to have :)

22 hours ago, Pagan-Image said:

i've tried yesterday. Didn't work.

Have you checked the car for error codes? Might point you in the right direction. Dealer or independent garage might charge a fee, or find a local member with vcds/vagcom diagnose software.

1 hour ago, Too Tall said:

Have you checked the car for error codes? Might point you in the right direction. Dealer or independent garage might charge a fee, or find a local member with vcds/vagcom diagnose software.

Yep, no errors

46 minutes ago, D402 said:

Brake or clutch switch stuck on?

brake lights works perfectly, therefore its not a switch. no Clutch - DSG. Additionally if Speed Limit option works, then it shouldnt be break switch.

Its either coding (maybe someone changed that in the past) or broken module (don't know though, which one is for CC)

Edited by kelso

Have you tried it with the CC stalk pulled towards you? Don't know your spec, does the car have lane assist and adaptive cruise?

Also you could try going into infotainment and resetting everything, it might be a setting....

One issue I've read about was someone messing about with the cruise control lowest speed threshold in vcds, and cruise could not be enabled because the car basically never was in the correct parameters 

10 hours ago, Too Tall said:

Have you tried it with the CC stalk pulled towards you? Don't know your spec, does the car have lane assist and adaptive cruise?

Also you could try going into infotainment and resetting everything, it might be a setting....

One issue I've read about was someone messing about with the cruise control lowest speed threshold in vcds, and cruise could not be enabled because the car basically never was in the correct parameters 

yep, ive tried pulling that..

i've got line assist but just a regular CC...not an adaptive one.

infotainment was resetted few times by now..stil nothing worked as expected. 

i will check speed threshold on my obd11 device.

on the other hand i have some new idea...not sure if im going a good direction but worth to try... So once i've purchased that car, I've disabled Start Stop system via obd11 app. I've read that it changes some voltage value in some module to disable it....now im wondering, if that changed voltage value is causing some issue in the gateway or car electronics, which prevent enabling CC. i will give it a try tomo and revert back that change.