Are the dates shown on Siemens ecus the same as that of the car there fitted to? ?

I don't think there is any way to find out the year of car manufacture by the parts without having access to original registration documents of the car as a whole. Separate parts don't pinpoint the year. Sure, they might show the year of manufacture of that specific part but they had been mounted at various periods.

What is that you want to do if you know the year?

22 hours ago, shafty said:

I'm trying to find out the year of the felicia that my 1.3mpi engine is from. (I never saw the car it came out of) 

Is there a way to find this out? 

You are the second owner?

There is no sticker on the side of the valve cover? No VIN?

Many plastic parts on their back side have the date/year pointed with an arrow and keep in mind that if you are the second owner maybe the first has changed the ECU for some reason (the car will work fine if the programmer is good) so don't expect from the ECU sticker to learn many things.

The engine is second hand yes, but I couldn't tell you how many owners it's had exactly. its also been painted so no stickers that I can see. 

No vin number from the car but I can get the engine number.

Would any ecu for a 1.3mpi marked as 50kw work? 

The pictures are of my ecu (5wp4326) and one that I have been offered to buy ( 5wp4329) are they interchangeable?... Ignoring the Immobiliser issue. Thanks 👍

Screenshot_20210421_184726.thumb.jpg.0721a8d8e0363af45a17a925756a7959.jpg

Screenshot_20210421_184810.jpg

11 hours ago, shafty said:

The pictures are of my ecu (5wp4326) and one that I have been offered to buy ( 5wp4329) are they interchangeable?

Yes, there are just some tweaks in maps for improved starts etc., otherwise, they are identical.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 20:54, shafty said:

No vin number from the car but I can get the engine number.

The pictures are of my ecu (5wp4326) and one that I have been offered to buy ( 5wp4329) are they interchangeable?... Ignoring the Immobiliser issue. Thanks 👍

The label of VIn was gone in purspose from previous owner

In Greece if you get caught with a car without VIN label you are in serious trouble.

I can not guarantee a ''plug and play'' but from my experience a programmer can make it easily work even with the stock immobilizer.

The problem is to find a second hand ECU in excellent condition and not a cheap one because those have corrosion problems and have been fixed sloppy and sold as a ''bargain'' on the net.

11 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

The label of VIn was gone in purspose from previous owner

In Greece if you get caught with a car without VIN label you are in serious trouble. 

It's the same in the UK, if a car doesn't have a VIN number then it's likely stolen or some other illegal activitie has happened, but it's perfectly legal to replace a engine so long as you inform the DVLA of the change and supply the new engine number 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shafty said:

it's likely stolen or some other illegal activitie has happened

This i meant before (for the previous owner) but i didn't wanted to say it clearly as you did.

I wouldn't buy an ECU which looks like this:

skoda-felicia-.jpg

because many programmers take the responsibility to find the proper ECU for you plus some guarantee so if something happens will replace it for free.

If the driver buy a cheap ECU from internet for 40-50 euro and looks like the one above then the risk is huge.