Superb II GPS thinks I'm in Germany

Sorry to bring this up again, I've searched around and there are some threads about this but I couldn't find something conclusive

My Superb has GPS issues and the navigation shows 0/13 satellites being displayed. Perhaps water ingress has damaged the shark fin roof aerial.

Is there a quick fix, such as a GPS booster, that has worked for others and can anyone point me in the direction of one? I see some people have had success with aftermarket items and I'm willing to give it a shot first.

If not, is it a simple DIY to replace the roof shark fin aerial?

Thanks in advance.

Fixed mine a few days ago using a similar one,

Used a bit of double sided tape and stuck it just above the back of the head unit on top of a plastic piece at the back left if that helps at all. working perfectly!

• Like 1

Quick update. The unit works perfectly. I need to find a neater way to feed the cable through, it currently protrudes around the upper fascia beneath the hazard light button.

More importantly, I need to find someone with VCDS diagnostic equipment to reset the passenger airbag light 😒

Oops you missed the parts in previous threads where it let's you know about that.

Anyway....... You can get an adaptor for only about £5 then a free app will clear the warning. I can't remember the app I used but try a search

Carista will definitely do it as it goes and I think you can have a free week trial on that or something similar

• Like 1

Now all sorted. As above, my unit came with 3M tape so I stuck the GPS box inside the gap where the navigation unit slots in so no messy wires. Fault codes all clear, happy days with a cheap fix