Replacing drivers door inner rubber seal

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice - the drivers side door inner rubber seal is quite worn (and has partially split) on my 2016 Superb. Does anyone know the correct part number and have any tips for how to remove the existing seal and replace?

This is the best part I've managed to find - is this right?

Does it need to be glued or is it just a press fit?

Thanks!

Chris

PXL_20210425_160053597.jpg

Edited by ChrisCh
Added photo

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this part and it looks correct - as far as I can see the left and right parts are the same (the seal doesn't actually have the last 3 characters printed on it).

I haven't fitted yet - but as far as I can see it is press fit (not glued), but it is trapped behind numerous bits of plastic trim that hold it in place - so it's going to be a fiddly piece to change!

It’ll be press fit. When fitting the new one, check it first for any obvious sections that may have widened in transit. Or if it feels slightly loose when fitted you can pull it off again and tighten with some plastic grips or pliers with a rag to protect the seal and then thump home again with the heel of your hand. You can lightly use a rubber hammer but normally not necessary. 

Edited by UndertheRadar
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi

This seems to be real issue with VW group.

Wasn't prepared to pay for new ones, so I did a repair by cutting a length of bicycle inner tube and sticking on with superglue. Not especially pretty, but you can't see it from inside the car, and is does the job.

Mike

Door seal.jpg