Retrofitting Cruise Control on my Yeti 2011 2.0TDI 4x4

sQasim

Hi everyone, i have recently bought a Skoda Yeti 2011 2.0 TDI 4x4 ambition, and i have successfully retrofitted MFSW on it, not i want to activate the cruise control.

Here is what i have done:

1) replaces the slip ring from 5K0 953 569 TO 5K0 953 569 AH.

2) replaced the Steering wheel from a yeti 2017 3 stroke with push to talk button (everything works)

3) of course the airbag is replaced and works fine

4) replaced the stalk from 5K0 953 502 L TO 5K0 953 569 N (the one thas has cruise control buttons and trip computer buttons)

5) using VCDS, i have activated the CCS in 01-ECU and in 16-Steering Wheel module and activated CCS display in 17-instrument.

I still get and error in ecu: E45, implausible signal.

I think this car need a wire from SWCM TO ECU. 

Can anyone show me how to do it ? Using videos or pictures to help ?

Anything you need i can provide.

Apparently the car electricians are not professional enough to do this and i really need CCS in my car.

Thanks in advance 

20210316_141441.jpg

20210316_141448.jpg

20210415_182615.jpg

There is a VW repair kit to fix the black 'ECU' wire that you need - there are YouTube videos out there for Golf's. 

It's a right fiddle, scuttle, wiper mechanism etc needs to come out, and in my opinion it's just not worth the hassle. 

Thanks, i did find a video about adding the wire from T16 pin 05 to T94 pin 64, using VCDS  i checked the ccs buttons and they do work. From the Steering Wheel Control Module, the ecu is still having a DTC, cruise control set signal. I was adviced to replace the BCM, The one i have is 1K0 937 086 H, but i do not understand how the BCM is related. Maybe it's a hussle but i do need it. Any advice?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, I'm also looking to retrofit cruise control to my 2012 Yeti 1.2 but I couldn't be sure if I need a single stalk or the double stalk version. The serial number of the part I'm thinking of buying is 5K0 953 513 M, I'm not sure about the compatibility though also, so any help would be appreciated...

5K0953513M.jpg

On 04/06/2021 at 18:22, Lazas said:

Hey, I'm also looking to retrofit cruise control to my 2012 Yeti 1.2 but I couldn't be sure if I need a single stalk or the double stalk version. The serial number of the part I'm thinking of buying is 5K0 953 513 M, I'm not sure about the compatibility though also, so any help would be appreciated...

5K0953513M.jpg

There is no rocker switch on the end of the wiper stalk, do you have MFSW?

• Love it! 1

37 minutes ago, Lazas said:

So should I look for a CC stalk without the rocker on the end? I have a three spoked MFSW with Maxidot.

The rocker on the left stalk is for setting speed, speeding up, slowing down and to resume cruise control speed so how is that going to work without the rocker?

Edited by Urrell
  • Cheeky 1

12 hours ago, Lazas said:

So should I look for a CC stalk without the rocker on the end? I have a three spoked MFSW with Maxidot.

You have MFSW, therefore you don't need the rocker on the right stalk. 

Although you have a car registered in 2012, it doesn't help with which model year it is (some cars sit unsold for a while) and that information is essential when it comes to retro-fitting (my 2010 and my 2012 have a different slip ring/steering controller system).

You could really do with a full VCDS read out which will give you an idea of the control units fitted to your car.

Once you have slip ring, steering controller part numbers from the VCDS print you can then look at the upgrades for those parts.

There is a useful page on Ross Tech that sets out what parts perform which function etc, have a look;

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Steering_Wheel_Control_Module_Versions

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, b1ackb1rd said:

You have MFSW, therefore you don't need the rocker on the right stalk. 

Although you have a car registered in 2012, it doesn't help with which model year it is (some cars sit unsold for a while) and that information is essential when it comes to retro-fitting (my 2010 and my 2012 have a different slip ring/steering controller system).

You could really do with a full VCDS read out which will give you an idea of the control units fitted to your car.

Once you have slip ring, steering controller part numbers from the VCDS print you can then look at the upgrades for those parts.

There is a useful page on Ross Tech that sets out what parts perform which function etc, have a look;

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Steering_Wheel_Control_Module_Versions

Okay, I will try checking the parts with VCDS, thank you very much b1ackb1rd, this will be really helpful...

• Like 1

Hello guys, i think it comes down the Steering Wheel control module, the 513M fits an older model, mine is 2011 and it uses another codes, the slip ring on your 2012 yeti is 549 while mine is 569, still i do not know whats wrong, all the signals work, the buttons of the cruise control work fine, only weird thing is that the accelerste button works but does not SET speeds, and the error i ak getting is Cruise Control Set Signal. Maybe there is a wire that i should connect other that T16/05 to T94/64 ?

@sQasim if I were in your position I would be looking at the forums of similar models (superb and octavia 2) to see if others have had the same problems. 

From memory I believe Eddie-NL (?) has suggested that Octavia 3 buttons don't work on Yetis ... don't quote me!

The info is out there, Google is your friend :)

• Love it! 1

Thanks for the info.m indeed i am looking.

Recently i learned that the BCM could be responsible for sending the SET signal. And the bcm of my yeti was replaced with an unsuitable one and also its faulty, now i am having a problem locating the original BCM number. Tried to contact Czech Skoda and got no reply. :/.. still looking for an answer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there I have retrofitted cruise on my 2014 1.2 TSI.  I replaced the slip ring to one which had a Cruise Control switch.   My BCM was already compatible just needed coding.  To code I used OBDeleven.  I also needed to run a wire from the Cruise stalk to the ECU.  To access the ECU you need to remove wipers etc which was a bit of a fiddle given they were stuck on the splines.  You run the wire to different pins based on whether you have a diesel or petrol.   Skoda did a retrofit guide which helps.

• 6 months later...
On 05/06/2021 at 21:40, Lazas said:

Did you get this sorted out? My 2012 Elegance 170tdi has the optional 3 spoke Sport MFSW but there's no controls on it for Cruise control, Cruise is all controlled from the left hand stalk which has the rocker switch as per your original photo