My 2019 Sportline plus modifications thread

I like that a lot. I know mods are subjective, but I think you have done a great job, especially the wheels. 

The only things I would do different are to have badges where the background is body coloured and I wouldn’t have fitted the wind deflectors. 

But, like I said, 👌

• Love it! 1

Hey Keepersball, stunning wagon!

I would never have picked them wheels off the shelf but they are just perfect. I thought I liked my standard ones until I saw these! Is your car lowered or modified suspension or do the 20's just fill the arches better? What tyre sizehave you got if you don't mind me asking?

I'd stick with original pipes personally as opposed quad pipes!

I looked at the maxton kit for my saloon Superb 206TSI (aka 280 I'm in Oz) but likely going to opt for the more subtle Rieger kit

Looking good! A buddy of mine just picked up a MY21 estate in this colour in SportLine and it looks amazing, it suits the estate very well.

As others said aesthetic mods are subjective, I can't come to like almost any of the front spoilers available for the PRE-FL, side skirts still unsure, rear diffuser yes! I also genuinely detest wind deflectors :D but hey, your car, your choices!

I do like those wheels A LOT and I salute you going for 20", they look fully OEM (should have done the same when I upgraded mine). With some mild lowering and 15mm spacers they will stand out so much more as I found out with mine.

As for the exhaust tips, again: personally, I'd either go oval like on a RS4 or keep OEM, the quad tips on the Superb scream "aftermarket here" and not in a positive way, in my eyes at least.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coopernova said:

Hey Keepersball, stunning wagon!

I would never have picked them wheels off the shelf but they are just perfect. I thought I liked my standard ones until I saw these! Is your car lowered or modified suspension or do the 20's just fill the arches better? What tyre sizehave you got if you don't mind me asking?

I'd stick with original pipes personally as opposed quad pipes!

I looked at the maxton kit for my saloon Superb 206TSI (aka 280 I'm in Oz) but likely going to opt for the more subtle Rieger kit

Hey bud thanks for the message tyres are 235/35/r20. Suspension is stock - I thought about lowering but quite like the look as is at the moment. I was worried about going for 20’s after reading forums etc but honestly I can hardly tell the difference from 19’s - a little more bumpy when hitting a pot hole but to be fair it’s not hugely noticeable! The alloys are anthracite grey. Rieger kit looks good but I couldn’t seem to find anywhere with decent delivery times in U.K. - maybe this is sorted now post Brexit etc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sherlocks VRS said:

What’s the part no of the maxton rear roof spoiler extension please

Part is

SK-SU-3-K-CAP1

but wouldn’t recommend if you have a sportline as it doesn’t fit properly - I spent ages with a heat gun trying to mould it and get it sitting nice but still no where near perfect 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keepersball said:

decent delivery times in U.K. - maybe this is sorted now post Brexit etc

Quite the reverse; WrecksIt has increased delivery times, when the UK supplier will still sell to the EU or an overseas supplier will still sell to the UK. What was that lie about "easiest deal ever" again Bozo?

I bought the same roof spoiler for my combi last year, but never got round to fitting it. It's still in it's wrapper if anyone wants to make me an offer for it.

Tidy looking motor is that Op.

@Keepersball did you paint the callipers yourself and if so what paint and method did you use ?

Out of interest what is the general consensus of people who paint their callipers? Do people think its a bit ******/belterish or is it somewhat accepted and liked within the community. I will say in advance im not saying anything negative towards you @Keepersball

What are the torque settings for the wheel nuts/bolts. It's been along time but I know subaru wheel nuts are on special at 98NM.

I think you mean the general consensus about people who paint their calipers.

I doubt that those who choose to do so will have a negative opinion about the result or themselves.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, J.R. said:

I think you mean the general consensus about people who paint their calipers.

I doubt that those who choose to do so will have a negative opinion about the result or themselves.

Yes and thank you for understanding what I was attempting to say.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2021 at 18:45, Keepersball said:

Hey bud thanks for the message tyres are 235/35/r20. Suspension is stock - I thought about lowering but quite like the look as is at the moment. I was worried about going for 20’s after reading forums etc but honestly I can hardly tell the difference from 19’s - a little more bumpy when hitting a pot hole but to be fair it’s not hugely noticeable! The alloys are anthracite grey. Rieger kit looks good but I couldn’t seem to find anywhere with decent delivery times in U.K. - maybe this is sorted now post Brexit etc 

What’s specs are your rims please I closing width and offset. And how flush with the guards are they with no spacers?

• 1 month later...
On 25/04/2021 at 20:09, Keepersball said:

Hey Guys,
I bought my 2019 superb Sportline Plus 272 4x4 a couple of months ago and have been adding my own touches to it since. I think I’m now at a point where I’m happy ... for the time being. Full list of mods below (a couple done by previous owner but most by me)

20” GMP Italia Angel Alloys
Painted brake callipers gloss red
Climair wind deflectors
Tinted windows
Boot edge protector 
Smoked headlights
Smoked tail lights
Maxton front splitter (v3)
Maxton side skirts
Maxton spats
Maxton rear valance
Maxton spoiler extension
De badged rear
Black Skoda badges
Metal shift paddles
Hard wired dash cam
Rear facing baby cam and monitor
OEM tablet holder in rear headrest 

Previous owner did a resonator and muffler delete - it’s far too loud for me so will be getting a customs exhaust - question is do I leave original tail pipes or go for quad pipe?

More mods in the future methinks - please fee free to follow me on Instagram @sportlineplusuk

IMG_0529.MOV

6EFD93BB-F9B7-4C72-85C0-9017E494E4CA.jpeg

08D5C722-9E35-4762-917D-E7CE8861520C.jpeg

34B9E709-AE8E-4F40-B35A-858A69B611EE.jpeg

A965860E-9616-4E7C-869F-9F2BAB73F0F3.jpeg

34583EC2-E8DC-483C-815A-D3B19E235236.jpeg

01970B43-A993-48FA-BD5C-B6359A348BCF.jpeg

264533EE-9C64-4150-A2EE-906E4E4D54B4.jpeg

75D399B4-CEF8-44FC-A323-8BDA96EE521F.jpeg

IMG_0529.MOV

Looks tremendous