Sat Nav and speed cameras (again)

Hello. I'm mew to Skloda and new to the Forum. I bought a 2018 Superb2.0 ltr automatic a week ago and am thrilled with the car. Everything about it is superb except for the Sat Nav not showing or warning about speed cameras. I don't understand why Skoda have omitted this very useful feature. Having read around the Forum, it seems that there are ways to download the necessary data and instal it into the car's Sat Nav.I bought a subscription to Pocket GPS World and downloaded the dat for the UK onto a new SD card. Followed the instructions for importing the data, but all I get is that Columbus is unable to find the device. The SD card is formatted to Fat 32 and I used the 2nd slot in the glovebox "thingy". No satisfactory result. I've also tried a USB stick to no avail. I don't understand why a 32gb card is needed as, when opening the card via the computer, therre seems to be very little on it apart from two file folders which don't take up much room at all.

It seems that I'm doing something wrong somewhere or, omitting to do something of importance.

I really would appreciate any help on this

3 hours ago, Elwood38 said:

Hello. I'm mew to Skloda and new to the Forum. I bought a 2018 Superb2.0 ltr automatic a week ago and am thrilled with the car. Everything about it is superb except for the Sat Nav not showing or warning about speed cameras. I don't understand why Skoda have omitted this very useful feature. Having read around the Forum, it seems that there are ways to download the necessary data and instal it into the car's Sat Nav.I bought a subscription to Pocket GPS World and downloaded the dat for the UK onto a new SD card. Followed the instructions for importing the data, but all I get is that Columbus is unable to find the device. The SD card is formatted to Fat 32 and I used the 2nd slot in the glovebox "thingy". No satisfactory result. I've also tried a USB stick to no avail. I don't understand why a 32gb card is needed as, when opening the card via the computer, therre seems to be very little on it apart from two file folders which don't take up much room at all.

It seems that I'm doing something wrong somewhere or, omitting to do something of importance.

I really would appreciate any help on this

I have a novel idea for you...

Stay within the speed limit!

Job done.

3 hours ago, mandp said:

I have a novel idea for you...

Stay within the speed limit!

Job done.

Thank you for the helpful sarcasm. As a new member I really appreciate it.

34 minutes ago, Elwood38 said:

Thank you for the helpful sarcasm. As a new member I really appreciate it.

Are you not able to keep to the limit then?

It's not sarcasm, mate, I've never really understood why anyone needs to be warned that there's a camera ahead. 

Edited by mandp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, clarksonline said:

Take a look at this thread here Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do! - Skoda Octavia Mk III (2013 onward) - BRISKODA.  Works on the Superb III as well (Columbus).  Read through all the posts, and you'll see the latest files from Feb this year.

Thanks a lot for posting this very useful link. The process was simplicity itself.

• Like 1