Retrofitting Tow hook on Superb MK3, please help.

Hi,

I wanted to equip my MK3 Skoda superb late 2016, L&K, 2.0 TFSI, sedan, petrol car with a towing hook. 

Bought and fitted the actual towing hook but it's my understanding that i need some sort of a computer to make the electrical connections. 

Towing hook code: 3v9803881a

Towing computer: codes found until now 5q0907383H, 5q0907383N, 5q0907383G

Does anyone know what's the right one? or differences between those? 

Has anyone did this retrofit? 

10 minutes ago, cristianene said:

I wanted to equip my MK3 Skoda superb late 2016, L&K

Is this car plated for towing? (Trailer weight will be non 0). If no, then what you're doing will render your car illegal when you hook up a trailer.

58 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Is this car plated for towing? (Trailer weight will be non 0). If no, then what you're doing will render your car illegal when you hook up a trailer.

Just out of interest why wouldn't it be plated for towing?

14 minutes ago, coppertop said:

Just out of interest why wouldn't it be plated for towing?

I think its an issue with the new MkIV Octavia, but check your plate on the drivers B pillar make sure it doesnt say 0KG or is blank

3 minutes ago, bubib5 said:

Never knew that there was a difference between version suited for towing and non towing versions. What would be the actual difference? Shocks, springs, axels?

I think its a bit of a balls up by the factory in rushing cars to production.

Edited by Pagan-Image

48 minutes ago, Pagan-Image said:

I think its a bit of a balls up by the factory in rushing cars to production.

This is the Skoda Superb III forum and the original poster is asking about a Superb. 

52 minutes ago, bubib5 said:

Never knew that there was a difference between version suited for towing and non towing versions. What would be the actual difference? Shocks, springs, axels?

If the factory fitted tow-bar is specified at build then there are some minor drive-train modifications, I think twin fans on the radiator and additional cooling on the gearbox?

9 minutes ago, coppertop said:

If the factory fitted tow-bar is specified at build then there are some minor drive-train modifications, I think twin fans on the radiator and additional cooling on the gearbox?

Coming from a long line of audis i drove, 3 or 4 of them had the original tow bar, none of them had any mods done to them compared to their stock, non towing counterparts, so skoda might be different here. The only obvious differences on the Audi are electronics, and options if your car has an air suspension, other than that, and the tow bar itself, i cant seem to remember any mods that the tow fitted cars had! 

Also i installed an aftermarket tow bar on 2 of my cars, the only mods i did were changing the comfort modules, because of rear PDC sensors and such!

5 hours ago, cristianene said:

Hi,

I wanted to equip my MK3 Skoda superb late 2016, L&K, 2.0 TFSI, sedan, petrol car with a towing hook. 

Bought and fitted the actual towing hook but it's my understanding that i need some sort of a computer to make the electrical connections. 

Towing hook code: 3v9803881a

Towing computer: codes found until now 5q0907383H, 5q0907383N, 5q0907383G

Does anyone know what's the right one? or differences between those? 

Has anyone did this retrofit? 

383H.jpg

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 23:09, cristianene said:

@coppertop

Thank you! Got it! 

Can you lend a hand with the wiring loom code too? Code for it ... i presume it goes into the fusebox. 

3V0 055 204 I believe is the wiring from the luggage compartment to the fuse box / BCM.  But there is more information in this link www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/416902-oem-towbar-retrofit/