Kamiq under sill

gumdrop

Looking at Karoq and Kamiq in the showroom, I noticed that there was no trim on the under sill,

I was told they were all like that, unless running boards were fitted ..... is that right?

• 5 months later...

I'm not so sure as current on-line brochure shows this or something even more glossy (bling) which I've been trying to identify as my own use would benefit from just protecting that area paintwork, but so far with absolutely no success 1215583882_InkedSillembelish_LI.jpg.6e9c1b204174554bb859699dcebd8109.jpg

1 hour ago, HareLaw said:

I'm not so sure as current on-line brochure shows this or something even more glossy (bling) which I've been trying to identify as my own use would benefit from just protecting that area paintwork, but so far with absolutely no success 1215583882_InkedSillembelish_LI.jpg.6e9c1b204174554bb859699dcebd8109.jpg

Not quite sure what's being asked in this thread but my 2021 1.5 SE L has the protection highlighted in this photo.

It's the same material and colour as grey valance you can see under the front bumper in the same pic.

Thanks for this; my car is (simply) and SE and I'm trying to see if I can retro fit these now but having an enormous problem  explaining what it is I'm asking from the local Skoda dealership parts department. Do you think you might take a direct side-on photo of yours so I can take this in with me next time?

1 hour ago, HareLaw said:

Thanks for this; my car is (simply) and SE and I'm trying to see if I can retro fit these now but having an enormous problem  explaining what it is I'm asking from the local Skoda dealership parts department. Do you think you might take a direct side-on photo of yours so I can take this in with me next time?

Yes, I'll do it for you later today.

https://imgur.com/vEFckL8

https://imgur.com/WwCBYmV

https://imgur.com/9WfDvew

Here you go I hope. I've only been able to add the links as I haven't subscribed to add pics. The sill protector goes underneath the sill as well and does offer some decent protection. There are 3 tabs on it which are secured to the underbody by star screws. Whether there's double sided sticky tape and/or trim clips as well, I've no idea.

The 3 fixing tabs are at each end and in the centre, so if the body is predrilled to accept the screws I imagine you'll be able to see where the holes are, unless they're covered in underbody protection.

Sorry the pics of the underneath aren't better, but I was firing the camera blind. You'll get the idea though.

Edited by olderman1
Practising picture adding

11 minutes ago, matchbox said:

Lessons learnt! Never looked.

Incidentally the ‘star screws’ are called Torx. Becoming increasingly common now.

I know, but I just couldn't bring the name to mind. Getting old doesn't come pain free - especially when trying to get back up after going down on my knees to take the pics 😏

HareLaw; this just popped up on the other Kamiq site   https://www.kamiqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=214&sid=5e76e2d3e4522c870c614786f0786eb3&p=797#p797

Might be helpful if you decide to purchase sill protectors.

I have nothing to do with them, so I've no idea if they're any good or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly new parts site helpful and very polite but not available; Skoda actually mow quote over £500 to retro fit the strips Olderman1 shows in his photo - someone's taking the proverbial