New Karoq Query

deecee

I have just taken delivery of a Pre reg 1.5 SE L  , my query concerns the manual folder , on all my previous Skodas its been full of sub booklets concerning servicing , breakdown , warranty etc etc , this one has the manual only .

Have any of you who have purchased a new car been given anything different .

I do know that servicing is now online so i was not expesting a service manual .

I picked mine up last Friday the 30th only got a manual, a certificate of conformity and two leaflets from the motor ombudsman one being the new car code of practise and one about the motor ombudsman.

I also got a very nice Skoda pen, a Skoda ceramic travel mug, and 2 usb c adapters.

Edited by pragmatix

When I licked mine up last November I only got the owners manual. But you can find details of the Skoda Roadside Assist scheme at Roadside Assistance | ŠKODA UK (skoda.co.uk). I also found it well worthwhile downloading the owners manual from ŠKODA Owner's Manuals (skoda-auto.com) as my paper copy had very little to say about using the infotainment system while the downloaded copy had a lot more (even if it was difficult to understand and apply!). 

I didn't get any Skoda goodies with my car, but I can't complain too much as I had agreed a price for a MY20, and revised its spec when the MY21 details were announced, but my dealer didn't increase the price. 

Chris 

2 hours ago, CJJE said:

When I licked mine up last November I only got the owners manual. But you can find details of the Skoda Roadside Assist scheme at Roadside Assistance | ŠKODA UK (skoda.co.uk). I also found it well worthwhile downloading the owners manual from ŠKODA Owner's Manuals (skoda-auto.com) as my paper copy had very little to say about using the infotainment system while the downloaded copy had a lot more (even if it was difficult to understand and apply!). 

I didn't get any Skoda goodies with my car, but I can't complain too much as I had agreed a price for a MY20, and revised its spec when the MY21 details were announced, but my dealer didn't increase the price. 

Chris 

The download infotainment manual shows no resemblance to my version  in fact as manuals go both are not great.

3 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

I recognise that user name.  Ex UKGSer......?  

3 hours ago, DSL said:

Hope it wasn’t too rough on the tongue!   :D

Bloody typos!!!! :(

2 hours ago, Schtum said:

I recognise that user name.  Ex UKGSer......?  

Yep, Pete Appleby. Blue and White Tesco special:biggrin:

Edited by pragmatix

5 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Yep, Pete Appleby. Blue and White Tesco special:biggrin:

Aye, I remember it well.  How many years is it since you, Boz, Dutchman and I did a tour of Fife one New Year's Day?  

Hope yer weel....

8 hours ago, Schtum said:

Aye, I remember it well.  How many years is it since you, Boz, Dutchman and I did a tour of Fife one New Year's Day?  

Hope yer weel....

More than the fingers on my hand, I stopped riding in 2010 due to disabilities .despite racking my brain I'm still wondering who you are yellow 1100?

Edited by pragmatix

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

More than the fingers on my hand, I stopped riding in 2010 due to disabilities .despite racking my brain I'm still wondering who you are yellow 1100?

No, I never had one of those wheezy old things.  :biggrin:    At that point, I think I was on my first GS which was an '04 1200 in blue from John Clark's.  ST54 LVZ, I think.  

I remember Nik (Boz) and I meeting up at Kinross Services where I discovered I'd left my wallet at home and he bought me a tank of petrol.  Is that where you and Dutchman joined us....can't remember?

This is a pic from 2003 of me in the maroon shirt and Abdul who was the waiter in Khushi's Restaurant in Drummond St in Edinburgh.   I know it was 2003 because it was my 50'th birthday bash.  :o

abdul et moi.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Schtum said:

No, I never had one of those wheezy old things.  :biggrin:    At that point, I think I was on my first GS which was an '04 1200 in blue from John Clark's.  ST54 LVZ, I think.  

I remember Nik (Boz) and I meeting up at Kinross Services where I discovered I'd left my wallet at home and he bought me a tank of petrol.  Is that where you and Dutchman joined us....can't remember?

This is a pic from 2003 of me in the maroon shirt and Abdul who was the waiter in Khushi's Restaurant in Drummond St in Edinburgh.   I know it was 2003 because it was my 50'th birthday bash.  :o

abdul et moi.jpeg

Ive placed you now, I really can't remember where we met up but As the Dutchman came from Edinburgh and me fromPitlochry that would make sense, did so many runs they all blend into one, did you ever do the landsend bash I did 3 of them then normally headed of to Spain.

24 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Ive placed you now, I really can't remember where we met up but As the Dutchman came from Edinburgh and me fromPitlochry that would make sense, did so many runs they all blend into one, did you ever do the landsend bash I did 3 of them then normally headed of to Spain.

No I've never done any of the UKGSer gatherings.  I mostly ride a bike to get away from other people.  :biggrin:    I've never been to Spain on the bike either, although I have driven in France and Spain a fair bit.  

In fact, the only country I've ridden in, apart from Britain and Northern Ireland is the USA where I've done a fair few miles over the years.  

Edited by Schtum
  • Like 1