Dial fault

On my 2002 octavia vrs have noticed when car is switched off and locked the time, mileage and trip are constantly on and causing a drain on the battery. I'm guessing should go off and if so what is the likely cause of this? Is it dials or something like an ignition switch? Any help appreciated 

5 hours ago, guss84 said:

On my 2002 octavia vrs have noticed when car is switched off and locked the time, mileage and trip are constantly on and causing a drain on the battery. I'm guessing should go off and if so what is the likely cause of this? Is it dials or something like an ignition switch? Any help appreciated 

I have a 1.9 Tdi ALH and even the clock and trip+odo in mine stays on after removing the key...I guess that's how it is and I never faced any battery drain issues, even after letting the car sit for 4-5 days without starting....your battery drain must be caused by something else....

6 hours ago, guss84 said:

Fairly sure they stay on on mine, and it can sit for several weeks and fire nae fuss, nae bother.

• Administrators
On 09/05/2021 at 10:34, guss84 said:

Completely normal. 

LCD displays use very, very little power except when the numbers are changing.  Mileage and trip won't be changing while the car's stationary, and clock will only change once a minute.

1 hour ago, Wino said:

clock will only change once a minute

and even if it did turn off, it would probably use more power calculating in the background anway than whats used to display and update.

definitely a drain elsewhere if there is an issue