Kessy Not Working

No, I always carry the key and phone in different pockets (one left, other right).

I also have the "unlock on approach" option disabled.

I turned it on for a test and it did unlock the car each time I came close to it with the key.

Then I disabled it.

It seems the car mistakenly unlocks on approach every now and then even if the option is turned off.

9 hours ago, xerces8 said:

No, I always carry the key and phone in different pockets (one left, other right).

I also have the "unlock on approach" option disabled.

I turned it on for a test and it did unlock the car each time I came close to it with the key.

Then I disabled it.

It seems the car mistakenly unlocks on approach every now and then even if the option is turned off.

Try turning kessy off and see if it happens again.

Also i'll borrow this thread. 

Is it possible to lock doors when moving away from the car?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2021 at 20:24, Yorkie666 said:

I prefer just to turn off Kessy completely and use the fob in the old fashioned way, I feel it’s safer and more secure but then again I am of a certain age!

Me too, but I need to use walking sticks and Kessy is great when you get near to the car so you’re not fumbling to press buttons on the key fob

On 28/05/2021 at 22:24, Yorkie666 said:

I prefer just to turn off Kessy completely and use the fob in the old fashioned way, I feel it’s safer and more secure but then again I am of a certain age!

The thing is, with modern cars unlocking the car isn't what's stopping thieves. If they plan to steal the car kessy or no kessy it's pretty much irrelevant. 

16 minutes ago, zetzet said:

The thing is, with modern cars unlocking the car isn't what's stopping thieves. If they plan to steal the car kessy or no kessy it's pretty much irrelevant. 

Agree, but I suppose doing everything you can to make it difficult to steal is all you can do. Insurance companies will want to know what you did to try to prevent the theft.

On 26/08/2021 at 18:56, timster said:

Try turning kessy off and see if it happens again.

Also i'll borrow this thread. 

Is it possible to lock doors when moving away from the car?

I guess the issue would be locking someone in. It could part lock, so the interior release still worked, but an auto deadlock would be annoying and risky. The danger of setting it to part lock is owners would just rely on this, aand it's far less secure than deadlocked. 

They do re lock if you have unlocked but not opened any doors, but if anything's been open it wouldn't be wise. 

• 1 month later...
On 09/09/2021 at 17:26, VRS_White_Hatch said:

I guess the issue would be locking someone in. It could part lock, so the interior release still worked, but an auto deadlock would be annoying and risky. The danger of setting it to part lock is owners would just rely on this, aand it's far less secure than deadlocked. 

They do re lock if you have unlocked but not opened any doors, but if anything's been open it wouldn't be wise. 

I've just picked up my Octavia 2 days ago, and this feature is bugging me a bit.  I had a Mazda CX5 begore this, and it did have the option of auto locking the car when you walked away.  I don't see the point of keyless entry, if you can't have keyless exit.

Other than that,  I'm really happy with the new car.

49 minutes ago, Deswilson said:

I've just picked up my Octavia 2 days ago, and this feature is bugging me a bit.  I had a Mazda CX5 begore this, and it did have the option of auto locking the car when you walked away.  I don't see the point of keyless entry, if you can't have keyless exit.

It is keyless exit though, as you can lock the door without using your key.

• Like 1

This is something I’ve asked about as well and the response I get is all you have to do is pass your thumb or finger over the little indent on the door handle and locks the car without using the key, I know it’s not the answer that you are after but it seems to be the best option

1 hour ago, Gax said:

It is keyless exit though, as you can lock the door without using your key.

I suppose technically it is keyless.  But it would be nice if it could be setup to lock as you walked away.  It can unlock ok as you walk near it, so it should be able to lock it as you walk away.

• Love it! 1

I have used the keyless entry for a week and it unfortunately it probably will be turned off and I will go back to holding the door handle to unlock.

When ever I lock/unlock my house front door with my house key (Skoda key attached) just to take the bins out or answer the door for the postman etc the car lights up and fully unlocks which is mega annoying as the car is parked within the 1.5-2mtr distance needed for it to work I guess. I'm always having to lock the car whenever I answer my front door 🤣