Lockable side compartment covers

I am still getting to know my new to me Superb. In the boot there are plastic dividers for the side compartments which can be removed as per the first image.

Is it possible to source the lockable side compartment covers as per the second image and swap them over?

Would this be a straight swap or need some modification?

I am just considering whether it would be worthwhile modification.

Thanks in advance.

Skoda-Superb4.jpg

6d6787d20914476815edfed1230adfdc.jpg

As the sides are very thin particle board (well they might be full on plastic but think they actually claim to be green/recyclable...) but they won't in any way be secure, and even if you backed them in ali/steel/whatever then the tabs would still ping off, so I can't see the point of being lockable?

I may be wrong, but I'll assume (sorry if wrong) you don't mean lockable as in security, but lockable as in a cover/door to hide the contents within. 

What I would say is this. When the family holiday / camping / trip to Europe (remember those) came around, the covers/doors were a pain. I always tried to ram more in than it could carry. Therefore, your current setup is actually quite good and offers more realistic capacity when fully used. 

Day to day I carry a few things which aren't fully retained by the covers / doors. 

Though I appreciate that it's all hidden away. 

Edited by scoop3379

Thanks both. I only referred to them as lockable as that is what the are referred to in the manual.

I was just looking to see whether it was possible to tidy up the area, put everything hidden behind the side compartments if it was a quick cheap swap with no modifications.

I'll probably leave it as is.

Thanks again.

My Superb has the lockable ones. They feel fairly flimsy. No issues at 3 yrs old but I only use them for light storage.  shopping bags on the left and 1l oil and funnel on the right. If I didn't have them I would be quite happy with the pic 1 setup.

The other great boot tidy feature in mine is storing stuff not often used under the adustable floor - so jump leads, golf brolly etc.