245 Inbound

No extras from what I can see. I searched all of the used 245s across the UK network, many of them are higher mileage, 10 - 30k. This is one of the best £/mileage prices from what I could see, but ultimately the numbers work, I can get out of my snooze fest 1.5 karoq and the dealer is in my home town. 

2 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

If it has an A5 camera on it, then we can enable up some extras for you. If you are in Wales then @SashaGrace
might be free to assist??

What's the A5 camera? And what do you mean by extras? 

Oh sorry.  All all VAG group cars, there are features that can be enabled (such as Traffic Sign Assist or High Beam Assist) and other such functions that can be enabled with the appropriate knowledge and the people with the appropriate software.  It all depends on what hardware was put onto your car, then with editing of the car settings, those options can be enabled for free.

An A5 camera is a BCM or Body Control Module put into the car - which gives you access to these features. 

To see what your car has on it, this can be done in two ways:

1) Ask the dealer to print out the build of your car.

2) Go onto Skoda erwin and type in the VIN number of your car, then get this information and print it out.  Then we can advise the features which can be enabled on your car.

16 hours ago, stever750 said:

It's got LDWS so there will be a camera of some sort in front of the rear view mirror. Not sure if that's the same thing as an A5 camera though

It is - there are 2 camera types fitted the 'full feature' A5 (which as you have LDWS you will have) and the 'poverty spec' 20 (which my Octavia has and that only supports HBA).

Both these cameras are mounted in the windscreen behind the interior mirror - BTW they are not the same thing as the BCM (Body Control Module) which is mounted behind the glovebox.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I searched for BCM, and figured it's the controller for the interior electronics architecture, so essentially another ecu. 

Presumably just means you can unlock some other features using vcds or whatever it is these days. Traffic sign recognition etc, though not sure it's worth the hassle? 

5 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Thanks for the info. Yes, I searched for BCM, and figured it's the controller for the interior electronics architecture, so essentially another ecu. 

Presumably just means you can unlock some other features using vcds or whatever it is these days. Traffic sign recognition etc, though not sure it's worth the hassle? 

There are 3 different specs of BCM so some 'tweaks' need the medium or high spec BCM which isn't fitted to all Octavias - the tweaks seem to be accepted when you change the settings using VCDS but because the lower spec BCMs don't have the hardware don't actually work!

• Thanks 1