Coilovers

Hello,

I know this has been discussed many many times before but whats the best coilovers out there presently? Have a budget between £500 and £600 but may stretch depending on persuasion. Dont want cheap ones that will crash or be poor quality. Looking for a range of 30-70mm. Would like if the dampers could be adjusted or would this be of any benefit anyways?

Jack

Sadly at that price range you will not havr the best coilovers by a large margin.

At that price range I would advise looking at a B12 Bilstein suspension or an alternate good lowering spring matched to a Bilstein B8 damper.

You often get people expressing how good cheaper coilovers are but that's typically because they won't have tried anything better.

My advice would be buy the best premium product you can, in this instance a high quality spring and damper combo versus a cheap coilover

1 hour ago, vRSy said:

Sadly at that price range you will not havr the best coilovers by a large margin.

At that price range I would advise looking at a B12 Bilstein suspension or an alternate good lowering spring matched to a Bilstein B8 damper.

You often get people expressing how good cheaper coilovers are but that's typically because they won't have tried anything better.

My advice would be buy the best premium product you can, in this instance a high quality spring and damper combo versus a cheap coilover

Thanks for the reply!

I was actaully looking at the B12 its not far away from the price of the ST X by KW I was looking at. Is it the Bilstein B12 pro kit I should be looking at? I see there's a sport line and pro kit variant 

Would the B14 kit be another option? Or are they fixed damping?

Edited by JacksVRS

39 minutes ago, Damian@DPM said:

The ST kit by KW is a great option although a little over what you wanted to spend but worth saving for - https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/skoda/octavia/st-x-by-kw-coilover-suspension-kitoctavia-1z-20042013-14tsi-16tdi-18tsi-19tdi-20tfsi-20tdi-inc-vrs

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Thanks Damien. I would be willing to stretch for the correct ones for my needs. I've seen these and every talks about these ones.

https://www.bilsteinsuspensionstore.co.uk/bilstein-b12--prokit-suspension-kit-46000354_p31028963.htm

13 minutes ago, Damian@DPM said:

Hello 

Thanks for the replies Damien. Would they make any difference to this? Front in the first picture is like an SUV the back isn't so bad. Im not looking for crazy low but something just to sit like a sports car as such haha.

20210603_124307.jpg

8 hours ago, Damian@DPM said:

You'd get maybe 10-15mm lower.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Hello,

Thanks Damien. So I'm stuck between the ST X by KW or the B12 Pro kit😅

3 hours ago, Patch27 said:

50mm h&r cup kit is also an option for a fixed drop.

Great bit of kit.

20210426_125520.jpg

That actaully looks class tbf. Is the B12 also fixed? I seen it was adjustable up to 40mm according to Bilstein. My biggest problem is the splitter! If I go too low it'll catch on the bad roads over here.

2 minutes ago, Patch27 said:

The b12 kit is fixed, it's b8 shocks and springs iirc.

Hello,

Ah I see was confused as it said it can lower by up to 40mm. Just wanna make sure I get the right kit and spend only once haha. Its the question now of going for that ST X by KW coilover kit or going fixed with the likes of the B12 or HR kit you have.

17 hours ago, JacksVRS said:

Hello,

Ah I see was confused as it said it can lower by up to 40mm. Just wanna make sure I get the right kit and spend only once haha. Its the question now of going for that ST X by KW coilover kit or going fixed with the likes of the B12 or HR kit you have.

When they quote drops its from a std octavia not a vrs, so it would drop a std octavia 40mm, but a vrs would drop less.

H&R Are at a good price today on autodoc,

I personally bought new top mounts and bump stops etc too.

Hey, check out H&R Suspension Kit, coil springs / shock absorbers in the AUTODOC app https://m.autodoc.co.uk/h-and-r/15745009

5 hours ago, Patch27 said:

When they quote drops its from a std octavia not a vrs, so it would drop a std octavia 40mm, but a vrs would drop less.

H&R Are at a good price today on autodoc,

I personally bought new top mounts and bump stops etc too.

Hey, check out H&R Suspension Kit, coil springs / shock absorbers in the AUTODOC app https://m.autodoc.co.uk/h-and-r/15745009

Thanks lads. Is that the Cup kit? I was confused between going coilovers or a kit. Is that H and R kit the cup kit 50mm? I hear the B12s have good reviews so its a hard choice I suppose depends on which one is better on rough roads or allows enough clearance for a splitter😅

Yes that's the cup kit with 45-50mm drop that I run, only had it catch on the biggest of speed bumps and high curbs.

I couldn't run a splitter tbh, it'd just get smashed off.

57 minutes ago, Patch27 said:

Yes that's the cup kit with 45-50mm drop that I run, only had it catch on the biggest of speed bumps and high curbs.

I couldn't run a splitter tbh, it'd just get smashed off.

Yea thats my biggest worry! I only got mine fixed and resprayed as it got damaged on a transported trailer lol. Just thinking for the likes of the MOT/NCT it would be too low with that cup kit although from the picture of FatBlokesVrs it looks class. Thats why I'm more on side with the B12 kit as it won't drop as much but hopefully enough to be noticeable 😆

Thanks for all the input lads. My circumstances have changed for the moment I'll probably just go with the 35mm H&R lowering springs. I think they'll get me the drop i need whilst not going too low to avoid wrecking the splitter and not too high to look like an SUV lol. I've put in B4s and Koni shocks already as is so I think the 35mm springs will suit well with them.