Will changing the muffler void warranty?

Hi so I want to change my muffler and exhaust tip and currently have a 2 year warranty but am unsure if it will void the warranty as if something breaks they can make a dumb excuse and say that it was caused by the muffler.

4 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

All your mods could be purchased on the car second hand and you wouldn't know what they all are😋 if you bought brand new this excuse won't work. 

I bought it on 4k miles :/ basically brand new

4 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Some mods don't affect the price (quotemehappy- aviva), on the MK2 I changed: milltek sports cat, air filter, uprated brakes and it didn't change the insurance price so maybe worth adding if your car is new.

Op is asking about warranty, not insurance 

it’s best practice to check with your warranty company as there’s no point guessing and you later find out your warranty is void when you need it the most. Certainly some companies will not cover your car if aftermarket parts have been fitted as there’s no way of knowing if they’re compromising other parts of the car which may fail prematurely. 

also, if a part has to be replaced they won’t want the bother of sourcing like for like. 

If a mating part with the one you have changed fails then yes, the warranty would have an excuse if not all OEM, i would not change any parts in warranty other than sundrie items, or any parts that made insurance increase. Suggested the insurance calculator method just to see or you could just ring the warranty company

Edited by Kobayashi