Alternative to trip switch?

Hello, I have a Skoda fabia mk3 from 2015 and have a bit of a problem changing the display on the dashboard with the trip. Back when I bought the car there was a problem with the wipers going on by themselves so the garage changed the wiper stalk for me. Unfortunately they changed it to one without a trip switch! It wasn’t really a problem until I had a flat battery and the display changed from the speedometer to miles left until refuelling... just wondering if there is any alternative to changing the display than buying another wiper stalk? Really only interested in having the digital speedometer there so not bothered about being able to flick through the menu.. Hope that somebody out there can help me!

Can you change what is displayed in the MFD using the infotainment system?

Only tick the speed one if you have the Bolero system.

Thanks, AG Falco

6 hours ago, Elliot1982 said:

It wasn’t really a problem until I had a flat battery

Will a battery disconnect and reconnect be worth a try with the new settings in the infotainment system?

Thanks, AG Falco

Hmm, guess that might involve taking off the steering wheel to get at the wires? Was hoping it would be as easy as pressing a couple of buttons at once or something! Looks like it might need a more invasive procedure then...